Foggy

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
BlueD

Foggy

Post by BlueD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Hello, I am currently doing session 3 and have not had a panic attack in a while but when I try to drive or go somewhere I get foggy and everything seems blurry. Does this happen to anyone else? I just feel an out of body type thing...

foxysmom

Re: Foggy

Post by foxysmom » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:30 am

I have the same feeling!! A lot!! From what i understand from the program, its anxiety, who knew anxiety could make you feel like that.

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm

I know... it's crazy!! I guess it gets easier to handle the more you go out and feel it!

nick11

Post by nick11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 am

Do you get short of breath in the foggy feeling? I honestly feel like I can't breathe every time I go on the highway then feel the foggy bewildered feelings... What do you do as soon as you sense it coming on?

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:09 pm

I get short of breath when I am driving and I start feeling numb. Then everything starts getting foggy and I get very shaky!
When it starts to happen I try to think about other things or listen to the radio... I don't drive much and I always have someone with me most of the time because of this. It is really hard. I used to be a calm driver and could drive any where!

katie12

Post by katie12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi, I too feel "foggy" sometimes. I kind of describe it as being "goofy" ? like I wont be able to pay attention close enough and am short on breath. For instance, if I'm in a really crowded store and you were to ask my opinion about a shirt, I don't notice much about it and am usually gonna say whatever will make us get out of the store fastest. Then after being out of there and calming down I'd be like oh the shirt is purple? I didn't notice. Or I'll that my legs are gonna give out and I'll fall down in the store. Or I drop or spill things because I'm just feeling so out there and not able to really focus or pay attention. I read on here, someone posting about a fear of being sucked up in the sky? Or something of the sky? And for whatever reason I have paid attention more closely to it and it somewhat scares me..? And particularly while I'm at work and having to walk outside! What do I do?? Also, I don't drive :/ Any help or support would be much appreciated

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am

Hi Katie, this foggy feeling is terrible and i'm sorry that you read something on here and it's making your anxiety worse. Maybe you shouldn't read all of the things on here until you start feeling better. I have a few friends that I private msg on here and then I check the post that I make. I get on here every day to check my msgs and sometimes I chat. If you want you can send me a private msg. I think this site is really good for telling others how you feel and them understanding it! It's hard to find ppl that really understand you and the things we go thru! Hope your week gets better!!!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”