Feels like nothing is working for me.

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
dannyv26

Feels like nothing is working for me.

Post by dannyv26 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:46 am

I have been on this program for a while now but i go off and on I'm barely in lesson 8 and i feel ok but i get really depressed at times i try to talk positive but i can't believe them idk i feel its not working. I am a really big people pleaser and i hate that i think way to much about what to say to people and if i talk to them i think to myself i was stupid why can't i be a good talker. Even in texting people like girls i think way too much and i know its stupid but i can't stop over thinking i just want to stop worrying about little things like that. I really gets to me.

Also I've been having this negative thought like an obsessive thought i think about hurting myself out doing something crazy i know I'm not but i get scared and i hate that feeling i just don't know what to do i feel nothing is helping me get better.

Any advice guys or same problems?

coachchris

Re: Feels like nothing is working for me.

Post by coachchris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 am

Danny,

Keep working the program. You are just getting into the lessons that are going to be very helpful for you. I would try and replace the negative whatifs with positive whatifs. Also let the negative thoughts go. They are not true or helpful. Stay busy with school and use your analyzing mind to create your positive future. We are the thinkers and creators of this world. You can create greatness. Lessons' 8, 9 and 10 will be the ones that get you out of this bad habit. Trust in the program and believe in yourself.

Keep me posted or private message me.

Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Gigi123

Post by Gigi123 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Hey Danny,

That's completely normal. I have been exactly where you are and still worry what people think at times, especially family. That said, I look back on situations were I liked a guy and WAY over think the whole situation and put these people on a pedestal. Now that I'm in a relationship with someone I'm super comfortable with, I realize how silly that was. I think the first thing to work on is your self esteem, feeding yourself with positive affirmations.

As for the scary thoughts, they are such a common part of anxiety disorder, like they say on your cds, they are JUST thoughts, you aren't going to act on these thoughts. They're simply your mind's way of distracting you. I know when I'm stressed out or there's something going on my life that I'm concerned about but I don't want to think about, I'll start having scary thoughts. They are nothing to be afraid of, just thoughts :)

peony

Post by peony » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 am

Hi Danny
I have sometimes found the same problem with not believing my positive talk.

Do you remember where Lucinda says you need to rephrase SO YOU CAN BELIEVE IT.
for example: Negative thought: "She wont like me"
Instead of changing it to "she will be crazy about me" (maybe hard to believe) you could change it to "she might think I am okay" (more easy to believe)

or for another example: Negative thought: "I always screw up when I talk to people"
Instead of changing it to "I am a super conversationalist" (hard to believe)
a person could change it to: "sometimes I get nervous and say dumb things but sometimes I am fine and once in awhile people like what I have to say" (much easier to believe, probably true)

I've found it helps to scale down the positive talk so that it is just a little more positive than the negative thought.

Does this make sense?

Jamesovercomer

Post by Jamesovercomer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Nothing changes if nothing changes, I tierd right now, but I dont want to sleep, I have been staying up to late, and I havnt been able to make it to the gym, If I keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result, that means I am insane and thats what I have been most of my life, thats why I need to do what God and Lucinda Says to do, Take it one day at a time, stay focused on the most important thing. That thing is what am I doing right this minute. Not a min ago or later, it Now! The program works only if I work it, Constantly, that what I need this year, momentum, and consistancy. It all starts with prayer and bible study at 4;30 Am for me. then I eat and go to the gym, when I was doing that life was good, but I got off track, so tomorrow I will start over. If we are pain staking about this phase of our developement we will be amazed before we are half way through, we will know a new freedom and a new happiness. we will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. we will comprehend the serenity we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone we will see how are experience can benefit others. that feeling of useless and self-pity will disappear.we will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Our whole attitude and outlook on life will change. fear of people and economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively will know how to handle situations which used to bafle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do ourselves. Are these Extravagant promises? we think not they are being fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, they will alway matrialize if we wor for them, Thats for helping wit my recovery!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”