My anxiety has resulted in severe physical problems...

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Brannon

My anxiety has resulted in severe physical problems...

Post by Brannon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:49 pm

I am a 29 year-old man that has had 13+ years of physical problems [paralyzation, seizures, etc.] that I believe is due to my own anxiety. I have been through numerous medical procedures to no benefit. Is my problem rare? Can anyone relate to any of my issues? Am I alone?

coachchris

Re: My anxiety has resulted in severe physical problems...

Post by coachchris » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am

Brannon,

I sent you a private message.

I look forward to your reply.

Coach Chris

Lynnie35

Re: My anxiety has resulted in severe physical problems...

Post by Lynnie35 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 am

Has anybody replied? If you have seizures, that's different. But I know more stress can make seizures come on more, weather it be a physical illness, being too tired, mentally stressed etc. But, with me my anxiety was so bad I used to have severe panic attacks and many many times scared I'd have a seizure. My brain felt so weird that I at times even now I ''feel'' like I'm going to have a seizure with my anxiety or anger attacks I say angry, but I don't take it out on people, I often get weird symptoms like metallic taste or metallically! charged tongue type feeling. When they speak of anxiety attacks in this book, my physical symptoms go far and beyond racing heart, in fact, I rarely get racing heart, even with full blown anxiety. Anyway. My BROTHER actually has seizures, he's handicapped, in a group home, I never did but always feared I'd have one, but I had a lot of trauma as a kid from seeing him sick, and with seizures, so maybe it's that, or maybe an actual physical thing. I've never been able to take medications. They have terrible mental size affects on me BUT the one miracle drug I found, was klonopin the only one that works, and just happens to be an anti seizure Med as well,....BUT when I take it, it completely shuts off all anxiety and obsessive thoughts by the time it kicks in. Keep in mind, I take a very small dose .5 and, I don't take it daily or else it won't work anymore, and you'll start needing it because it's a drug where you can grow tolerance. But like they say in the program, some people need meds just to be able to do the program, to be calm enough to retrain your thoughts. Are u on meds?

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”