Newcomer, wish me luck

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Louise1216

Newcomer, wish me luck

Post by Louise1216 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi, I am Louise and I am new to this. My mother had purchased me this program about seven years ago. I never thought about trying it because I did not think I had anxiety. I thought I was just very shy. I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety by three different doctors. Due to having money issues I never could afford the medications. I did take cymbalta for years for Fibromyalgia. But I am wondering if maybe my pain is from anxiety and not Fibromyalgia. So, I am now starting the program because I have noticed my anxiety getting worse. This had been a bad year. My father was murdered in February and I lost my job in May. I have noticed my anxiety getting worse. I am hoping that this program will help. I do not even want to leave the house anymore. My weight has went up because I have noticed that I have been eating lots of sugary foods. I notice that I keep going to the kitchen over and over. So here we go week one . Wish me luck. :)

coachjanine

Re: Newcomer, wish me luck

Post by coachjanine » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi Louise Welcome! This is coach Janine. I wish you the best as you move forward with the program. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Life is not easy, but hopefully you will find that it is good. Take good care of yourself.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Louise,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. You certainly have been through a lot the past few months it's no wonder the stress and anxiety levels are high. How amazing of you to step toward the program and the direction of change. You are right when you mention anxiety and fibro pain being connected. When we are in an anxious state our body is on high alert, pushing the adrenalin and cortisol which brings more inflammation and pain. A diet high in sugar will also contribute to more fibro pain because the sugar brings inflammation. You can begin to see how it is all connected. The good news is as you work the program and start to think better the body will begin to calm down and encourage more healing. Be sure to follow the recommended weekly schedule in your guidebook. There are "Put it into Practice" exercises at the end of each lesson that are very helpful. Try and pick one or two from each lesson that relate to your story and work on them during the week. Use your relaxation cd at least twice a day. It's all about baby steps. We are here to help, so if you need anything at all just let us know. You can also private message me by clicking the PM tab to the right of the post.

Keep us posted.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

DolphinG

Post by DolphinG » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi louise
Im Dolphin G, I am not a coach but i work the program and i am working on the 14th session now.
we are all here in the same boat to help one another ,work the steps at your pace and you will start seeing results i promise you.
dont rush so that you can filter all of the good info and tools.
welcome to the family. :)

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:48 am

Way to go Dolphin G! What an inspiration you are! It's true Louise. Try not to get caught up in wondering when you will overcome your fears. The program is a process (like living). Just do what you can each day and don't worry about the end result. As you learn the new coping skills, you will begin to feel better.
Janine

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”