Anxiety is back because of problems at work

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
pearpickinporky

Anxiety is back because of problems at work

Post by pearpickinporky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:31 pm

So my anxiety and depression has reared its ugly head again. I was unemployed for a few months and was feeling pretty low so was over joyed when I eventually got a job. I applied and got called for an interview on the same day, went in and got offered the job on the spot, of course I accepted and started the next day.

On my first day I found out I fell victim to the old bait and switch scam, basically I went in and got told the job I had taken had gone but this other job was available, lower paid, longer hours, but having been unemployed I had no choice but to take it, and this is where the nightmare begins.

The first couple of weeks where OK but as time went on my supervisor started making smart remarks, finding faults with my work etc and this has continued and got progressively worse. I remembered my assertive behaviour CD so had a listen, the following day he started again, and I stood up to him assertively, he squared up to me like he was going to hit me, turned his back and said "f**king b**tard" I couldn't believe what he had called me and was in shock. But daily the picking on me has gotten worse.

Its at the stage now where I have IBS each and every morning on the way to work, I can''t get over to sleep at night with thinking about this place, even when not at work its all i can think about.

On Thursday past I said enough is enough and went to my doctor with the intention of getting signed off sick, I explained the situation he confirmed I am suffering from anxiety and depression but would not sign me off because this would not solve anything, my anxiety and depression are triggered by the happenings at work, the only solution was to face up and report the supervisor.

So I summoned up the courage and went and spoke to HR Department at work, the guy was very sympathetic and said this guys behaviour was totally unacceptable, he said he would run this past the boss and then get back to me, great I thought, I am finally getting somewhere.

On Friday I got called into the office, and got told about how good a worker this guy is, how experienced he is, how valued he is, how long he has worked for them, and about working in a factory environment and the pressure involved. So basically I got told, I am only there 4 months, this guys there 10 years and is the perfect worker and I am basically bullshitting it all and to get over myself.

So that is where I am at at the moment, my anxiety is through the roof, I got know where going about things the right way, my doctor basically told me to man up, and work basically called me a bullshitter, I have 3 kids to support so can't leave and am having no luck finding another job (I've been looking since I found out the job I applied for didn't actually exist)

Any advice appreciated.

DolphinG

Re: Anxiety is back because of problems at work

Post by DolphinG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:34 pm

My friend i can see myself in the mirror when i read your post.
let me tell you that something verry similar happened to me I also have 3 kids and as off now im unamployed and my anxiety was also triggered by my Job at least it was the main stressor.
Private message me and i will give you details and maybe i can be at help in some way.
Dolphin G

pearpickinporky

Re: Anxiety is back because of problems at work

Post by pearpickinporky » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:19 pm

PM sent

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”