Sleep Apnia Anyone????

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
DolphinG

Sleep Apnia Anyone????

Post by DolphinG » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Sleep Apnia anyone????
by DolphinG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:35 am

I was diognosed with sleep apnia as well as Generelized anxiety and depression.
just wondering if there is any one else suffering from sleep apnia like me.
Doctor says that sleep apnia contributes allot in having Anxiety and stress since you R not getting the correct uninterrupted sleep that we all need to have .
I just started using the Mask but man, it is verry uncomftroable they gave me the full mask that covers nose and mouth.
I used it for about a week then i requested to change it for nose only i can't stand neither one .
It seems to me that yes im getting the oxigen that i need however im waking up more in the middle of the night than before.
The only person thats ok with it is my wife ,she says i dont snore with it and she loves it even though it makes me look like Darth Vader or Hannibal Lector.LOL.
Anyone??????DolphinG

Private message

samcat

Re: Sleep Apnia Anyone????

Post by samcat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Dolphin,

Glad you went to the doc and got checked out. I don't have sleep apnea, but I do know for a fact that poor sleep makes your anxiety and depression worse. It is also a dangerous condition to leave untreated, so don't give up on that mask. Talk to the doc about how people manage to adjust to it. Maybe once you wear it for a while, you get used to it. I was in braces and then retainers. The retainers bugged me at first, but now I am so used to them that it feels strange when I take them out. We usually manage to adapt and who cares what you look like when you are asleep? As long as your wife doesn't care, you're not going to be checking yourself out in a mirror when you are asleep. Just busting on you!

Hope you adapt and feel comfortable with it because you need it. Hopefully someone on here has been through the same thing and can give you some pointers. I'm just glad you found out and can do something to improve your health.

Take care.

DolphinG

Re: Sleep Apnia Anyone????

Post by DolphinG » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 pm

thank you Samcat, always with encouraging words .
hope you r doing good , I am starting session 6 this one should be a Doozy,since my first anxiety and panic attacs started since i had some issues at work with my superiors ,and this section is all about forgiving and moving on.
its gonna take allot of work but i guess its for my benefit.
Chao
Dolphin

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”