Will I ever feel better?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
amieware14

Will I ever feel better?

Post by amieware14 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:46 am

I need some encouragement here!! I have always been an anxious/worrier kind of person but nothing that scared me or got out of control. In January I went on a diet and did very well with it. I was eating healthy and I lost 15 pounds in 1.5 months. I felt great for a while.
I didnt realize how much I had going on in my life though. 4 years ago my husband, son and I moved to Utah from Arizona. A year ago we filed BK, lost our house in AZ had a baby girl that I was nursing and WOULD NOT TAKE A BOTTLE which was a struggle. Went back to work and her and my son had to go to daycare. I have had so much going on at work. My boss is demanding and intense. Doesnt help that I love to be a people pleaser. I would take on so much work just to please everyone. My boss was giving me tasks to do that were nearly impossible to accomplish. Both my kids (they are now 7 and 19 months) were getting sick every week. I had to take time off work to be home with them. Housework was a struggle. I felt I would clean and then it would be a mess. I hated planning dinners and going grocery shopping because no one would eat what I made or they would complain about it. I was upset that my friends in AZ were no longer staying in touch. I would see posts on facebook of them having fun and I would get upset about it. A friend at work found out he had a tumor while getting a colonoscopy done and another friend had just miscarried. It was so sad and I just kept thinking there is so much bad going on in this world.
So, all that was going on and I just pushed it aside. Until I started getting kind of like a "foggy" brain. My mind wasnt clear and my heart would race. I went to Urgent Care on February 20th to get checked out. They said I had a sinus infection. They gave me sudafed to take. I had to have my mom come get me from Urgent Care because I had a panic attack in the office. I did not feel that I had a sinus infection so I followed up with a primary doctor on February 21st. I had flutuating blood pressures and he determined that I was severely dehydrated. He ordered some blood work and told me to drink lots of fluid. I started feeling better but my head still felt foggy. When my blood work came back it showed low potassium levels which my doc said could cause foggy brain. So, I started drinking water and eating foods high in potassium.
Because I was getting constipated and I had a dull back pain, I googled colon cancer symptoms and made myself believe I had colon cancer all because a friend at work had it. On March 26, 2012 I ended up having another panic attack and ended up in the ER. They gave me Ativan and sent me on my way. March 27th I had major diarriah and I went back to my Family Doc. He said I had a GI Tract infection to drink lots of water.
I still wasnt feeling better so March 30th I did another follow up and my doc suggested therapy and gave me a prescription for Celexa.
I took the first dose of Celexa on April 4, 2012. I was up all night having a major panic attack. it was horrible. i will never take that medicine again. Ever since then I have not been able to sleep!! My anxiety from April 4th till about 2 weeks ago was through the roof. I couldnt get a handle on anything. I couldnt go to work. I would just sit in the tub all day. I went to the ER on April 8th because I didnt feel right and they checked all my organs and everythign was ok. On April 16th I went to a chiropractor who said my back was so out of adjustment and that is why my lower back hurt so bad.
I have been having constant anxiety symptoms ALL DAY LONG. I will say that today they are not as intense as they were a few weeks ago. My OB doc put me on Buspar and I have xanax to take if I need it. The buspar took the edge off but I still feel the anxiety. Right now Im dealing with weak legs, this sense of fear like something is going to happen, tightness in my chest, burning in my arms, my head feels weird. Im not really dizzy but I feel like Im out of it. Im off - Im not myself. I just want to be normal again.
So, will these symptoms eventually fade away? I am looking for a psychiatrist to help me manage my meds because my OB gave them to me and she cant manage them the way a psychiatrist can. I just feel hopeless. like I am going to have daily anxiety this intense for the rest of my life. It has gotten better and some days Ill have good days but then I get a bad day and its horrible. This has been going on since February 2012 so its been almost 3 months!!
Someone please give me some encouragement. I am going to purchase StressCenter program tomorrow when I get paid!! My husband just feels that I am spending so much money on doctors and books - hes starting to get fustrated!!

Alohajan

Re: Will I ever feel better?

Post by Alohajan » Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Aloha! Yes, you can feel better. It's good you got all this out. It's good to write it out and take a look at what's been swirling around in your head. wow - you've been going through some stuff. Do order the program, it will guide you through step by step. the first step you can take right now is to focus on your breathing - slow down and take 5 deep breaths - breath in for the count of two and out for the count of four. Do what you can to relax your body. Know that you are a normal human being going through normal, intense yes, but normal human feelings and symptoms.
I make an effort to remember to take things just one step at a time. one issue at a time. one day at a time. one moment at a time. I can handle this moment and my life experience tells me this will pass, I'll feel better again. Making my lists, planning my activities, remembering to walks and to stretch and to eat healthfully and drink plenty water all help to calm and center me. The program will help you get through and then eliminate the very scary panic attacks. You are wise to seek out help. Trust your inner voice and go with what really feels right for you. There are many tools to use to manage anxiety, use the ones you know and add new ones as you go along.
I've been working with the re-program about six weeks and it has been very valuable and helpful. Take action, be compassionate and patient with yourself, ask for help. You will feel better again.

amieware14

Post by amieware14 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks for the reply. So in your experiences.... Does this extreme daily anxiety last long? It's so tough. Thanks for the tips. I've been trying to find things that help me relax so far its a nice bath but the water bill is going to be huge. I'm starting to wonder if I need a new job or not....

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu May 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Great response here. Do give the program a chance and you may be pleasantly surprised. The program suggests relaxation and I meditate regularly twice a day. Remember, we are trying to recondition our mind, takes patience and tenacity.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 13, 2012 8:37 pm

amieware14 wrote: I am looking for a psychiatrist to help me manage my meds because my OB gave them to me and she cant manage them the way a psychiatrist can.
This is a wise choice. It is best to have just ONE doctor to go to regarding your psychiatric medications.
The new doctor may keep you on the same medication that you are on now, or he/she may prescribe you
something different depending on your symptoms. Talk to him/her and be honest about how you feel.
You are headed in the right direction.

Lynda :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 13, 2012 8:44 pm

amieware14 wrote:They gave me Ativan and sent me on my way.
I had flashbacks from my past when I read this sentence.
Yes, this is what they do in the Emergency Room, that is for sure.
They give you Ativan and send you on your way !

Lynda :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 pm

amieware:

Thank you so much for sharing with us. Isn't it nice to get all of that "off your chest" and put it into writing!
Writing can be a form of therapy.

I just wanted you to know that I know EXACTLY how you feel because I have been through MANY very similar
situations. Mine happened back in 2006 / 2007. I had the trips to doctors, all the tests, all the blood tests,
trips to the Emergency Room, and even hospitalization.

You are headed in the right direction by writing here on the website and by ordering the program.
There are a lot of great folks writing here and the program will really help you to understand panic attacks,
along with many other things.

Stay Strong and God Bless,

Lynda Lu :)

rubies1980

Post by rubies1980 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:25 pm

hi this is my first time writing,I am currently experiencing extreme body symptoms with my anxiety. Just like you I am experiencing symptoms especially tightness in my back and chest. Its really annoying and scary. I just started the program so how are you doing?

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 am

Hello, I have often wondered if I will ever feel better 2... I have the program but have slacked off on it so im going to start again tomorrow. This program takes a little work so just be prepared!! Good luck and let us know how you are doing

BlueD

Post by BlueD » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 pm

So are you feeling better? Just wondering how your doing with the program??

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”