Freaking myself out

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Andy219

Freaking myself out

Post by Andy219 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:09 pm

So, I have been sick with a nasty sinus infection since February 8. Clogged ears, ringing in my ears, infected throat...it has been a blast. My dr told me that the ringing was from my ears being full of mucous. I went to an ENT today. He said things are still inflamed and the pressure in my ears is because of that. When I asked him about the ringing he said he did not think it was from the sinuses, but we will find out if it goes away once the swelling goes down. I left the office in tears because all I can think of is that my ears are going to ring forever. I am freaking myself out. I mean, if I think it about it logically, my ears started raining the day I got sick, so it is most likely my sinuses causing it. But, I am immediately drawn to the worst case scenario and the what if thinking.

In addition to the antibiotic that I have to finish, the ent has me starting prednisone. Freaking out about that too. I hate taking meds and ALWAYS worry about the side effects. Not to mention it has only been 2 weeks since I increased my celexa dosage to 20 mg.....ugh!

Andy219

Re: Freaking myself out

Post by Andy219 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Try to use the skills I have learned, but struggling.

THH

Post by THH » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Andy219,
I do understand how you feel. I got that crud Jan. 3rd and still working on getting over it. I believe it is a virus. I took antib. 1500 mg a day 5 days. It gets better... I have gone back to the doctor several times, and last time they sent me home with Nasanex, some cortizone spray. I used it once and it seamed to help but didn't stay on it. I don't like using stuff either. But it did help, so try it.
I also have tininus, ringing in the ears. I actually have it always, but when I get a cold it is louder! It will go away eventually. I put the radio on low to help me not hear the noise. Sometimes I can't even notice it. Others its loud!
P.S. my doctor gave me a sample of the nose spray, he took the litureture out. He knows me! LOL...

Work on positive self talk, stay in the presant moment, no what ifs! it is only temporary our bodys heal, one day you'll wake up and it will be gone! ;)

Gigi123

Post by Gigi123 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 pm

I know it's tough but try and float with it. My ears have done some crazy things when I've been sick, I was SO incredibly deaf once in one year, it went away. I've had strange noises and ringing in my ear as well when I've been sick, it does go away. Float and fill yourself with positive thoughts, tell yourself "this is only temporary, it will go away, it will get better," even if you don't believe it, continue filling yourself with positive thoughts. You'll see, it will get better!

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I had this the other day. I just woke up and it was so loud. Later I found out I was sick and it did go away when I got better. It scared me but I tried to be positive and distract myself. I hope you feel better.

freely85

Post by freely85 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 am

y freely85 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:36 am

Hello my name is Amanda I started having anxiety last October so about 4 months ago I am 26 yrs old I was taking 6 classes instead of the average 4 as a full time student I also worked part time at a law firm I was in a health class eating once a day not really sleeping and I am 97-103 lbs at 5'1 I get nervous about my weight I have never really been chunky I started studying like crazy drank a 5 hour energy drink without food and went to the hospital for hurt palpitations I started eating and exercising and I was fine my aunt died of breast cancer last month and I freaked our I got so super scared I was having panic attacks thought I was dying I was put on paxil and seroquel my Dr thought I was bipolar I went to see a psychologist who said I am not I just suffer from general anxiety I started getting red dots on my skin I researched like crazy my dermatologist said it was nothing I started going for std tests I am totally clean but I automatically thought the worst my dad introduces me to these tapes I do them on and off and now I am fully commited I dont want to drive my bf crazy he is massively supportive but I dont want to be a burden I get times where my heart races I get hot or cold clammy skin I have not shaken in a while its like suppressed and since my aunt died I am afraid of the night time I just want to be better and need support please help

freely85

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Participant Questions & Support

Board index The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC

EVENING / NIGHT TIME ANXIETY

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:56 am

Am a little confused here as to what to address, but I'll stick with the initial post which, I think, deals with infections. My infections, when they get going, start in the ears too and soon move to sinuses and the head in general.

My defense, every day, is Vit. C. I generally take it in pills, but there are packets that are dissolved in water (more potent). Do check with your doctor, but I'd be a big mess without my daily (twice a day) Vit. C.

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 am

I know its an old post,but something I found that take care of your sinuses is nasal rinse by Neil Med. Its a squeezebottle that comes with the saline solution. It also helps with the ringing. Give it a try. :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”