Is this program still alive?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
tina martin

Re: Is this program still alive?

Post by tina martin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:14 am

Your attitude, angxt, is simply wonderful. The set-up here is surely well-intentioned but causes diffusion. Because there are few posters; perhaps, as you suggest, we can decide where people feel most comfortable. I have always posted in the General Comments section because I actually don't have the program but believe in its effectiveness as attested by others.

And, I am happy to meet you: I have you beat by a few years. We can grow young together.

okkan

Post by okkan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Even the smallest sucess is great, thinks so to. I´m on session 3 and I think the relaxation cd is very helpful. I try to have my breathing where it should be, not from the chest and thats the hardest part becouse of the anxiety.

angxt

Post by angxt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 am

Yesterday was a pretty good day. No anxiety even while in the dental chair!! I have been on Ativan for over a month. Stared on 1 to 2 a day. I tapered down to 1, then 1/2. The past two weeks, I've had a few "drug-free" days, and currently only use 1/2 or 1/4 when needed. No Ativan yesterday.

David**

Post by David** » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi, swinging by to see how StressCenter.com is doing now days and if any of the old timers were still around? To the new folks hello also! :D I went through the entire program in the summer of 2006..yes ages ago, lol, and believe me it helped 150% for me at least. Here is my story, I'll shorten it some otherwise you'd get a longer novel than War & Peace.

I suffered from major panic attacks and anxiety all my life but I hid it as much as I could up till January of 2006, btw I "was" 55 when I started the program...I am now 60 and in January that year I hit bottom literally. I stayed inside this house for 6 months almost non stop, refused to go out for even the mail or to step out onto the back porch. I became homebound totally. My then wife (yes I am now divorced...this year, but that's a whole other story and doesn't belong here), would do everything from the mail to mowing the grass to everything because I was too scared to go outside for fear of another panic attack. I stopped driving totally and at one time I did drag racing, but was scared to death of getting killed in a car wreck so I stayed out of it.

In June of 2006 she managed to get me to a doctor which almost caused the divorce at that time, no way was I going to get in that car, but finally did. I literally crawled in the back door of the doctors office, went to a secluded room they'd arranged for me, and saw a long time friend, my doctor. He examined me and said it's simple, your very healthy except you've let the anxiety take over all the way. I argued with him and said no, it has to be something else, something medically was wrong with me and I was sure of it. I'd googled my dizziness on the web and found out that I "had" Menieres (sp) disease...forgot how to spell it...been that long ago, lol, but I "knew" the Mayo clinic was right and my doctor was wrong. We argued about it and after about 10 minutes he said thats it Dave, you have anxiety either take the meds I'm giving you and face it. I got mad, picked him up and tossed him across the room....yeah I threw a doctor, felt good too. Little did I know it was the anxiety creating the anger inside me. We went home and I stayed inside even more and no I refused to take the meds.

Around 4 am on July 14 2006 I saw an infomercial about this program and thought, what the hell, I've tried everything else and maybe it really is anxiety....so I ordered the program. I talked to support around 10 am and they pointed me to this forum right away while I waited for my program to be delivered. I joined immediately, started posting here & on chat...which seems to be a little dead right now but that's ok, the forums are still active or could be if everyone started working them and helping each other, that's what us old timers did when chat would die and trust me it did many many times and would be gone for days. We used these forums & private mail to work with each other so you can too. It does work.

Anyway, I started the program immediately, went through the 13 weeks one day at a time, one lesson at a time, never skipped around it, used the relaxation cd 3x a day, every day, worked and talked to my friends here on the forums & chat, and by August 2006 I was driving again. I finished the program on a day I'll never forget...Oct 13 2006 - Friday the Thirteenth! By then I was going out again, doing yardwork, went back to work, and restarted my life with a very positive attitude.

Since October 13 2006 I've had 7 panic attacks and i've worked through every one of them without a problem using the tools I learned right here in this program. They might have lasted 3 minutes maybe. I was in an accident on Oct 5 2011, just over a month ago, where I totaled my car...hit a ditch head on. Wound up with cuts, bruises and a minor concussion but NO panic or any anxiety attacks at all even while they were loading me into the rescue unit, nothing, just get me to a hospital cause my head is splitting...it'd hit the windshield. Other than that I was fine and walked out of the hospital the same afternoon.

What I can tell you this is if I hadn't taken the time to do this program in it's entirety, worked with my friends here on the forums & chat, I'd never have gotten to where I am today. I work full time, in fact I have 3 jobs and am on break from one of them right now for lunch, but taking the time to talk with you'all on my lunch break because you need to hear from someone who has suffered the same as each of you and to know this program does work. It's NOT a one day fix, it takes time & dedication, but in the end, you can be just like me...zero anxiety and 100% loving life!

I do have to return to work, I will try my best to stop in once in awhile but my work and my life consume a lot of my time these days so the best I can say is I'll be around. But, one or all of you pick up from where I left off....it's time you turned your life around, helped others as much as you can, and just be happy...anxiety does end when you decide to end it. Just say NO to anxiety & depression and it will leave.

I never took any type of meds and still don't!

Ok people, take it one day at a time, don't look back, just keep moving forward, smile and enjoy the ride...there is a light at the end of that tunnel and it isn't an oncoming train...it's pure sunlight!

Dave
Anxiety FREE 5 plus years!

David**

Post by David** » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Well I see someone LOST about 2000 of my posts but that's ok, must be a new type of forum. LOL Take care, put a smile on that face of yours... :D..see it's not hard and get back to working the program. Time for me to get back to work. ;)

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:14 pm

angxt wrote:I agree that the set-up is not the greatest - too many boards, too many topics. It can be difficult even to find a board you have posted to. Write down the name of this topic in the first board (General etc). Then we can always find it. If we who are viewing here now, continue to visit, and more importantly, we post, we can make it a place that serves us. Pass the message on to others at other boards/forums that you visit. Promise to post something every day, even if it is just a hello to let everybody know you are still with us.
Let me start by saying I am 70 years old, and have probably suffered periods of general anxiety at various points in my life. Until a few years ago, I never knew what they were. I always suspected some physical (or mental) illness. Two years ago, I went through a period of anxiety that lasted about two months. Since I had intestinal manifestations, I went to my doctor, and nothing physical was found. I was prescribed xanax for anxiety. I filled the prescription, but never used it. I used valerian root (up to 5 times a day, then tapering down. I went for long walks (difficult at the time - it was mid winter and very cold most of the time!). But the bad feelings gradually diminished, and finally disappeared. So, I know anxiety can be defeated.
My current bout started about 3 months ago, probably triggered by a number of events that came in close succession, starting with Hurricane Irene!
I have to leave for a dentist appointment, but I will continue later, IF you all return and just check in. Just say hello, or start your own story of your battle. It can give us all some place to share, and some place to look forward to going to.
Hi angxt, Loved your story and I'm so glad you are doing better. I was just wondering, since you said you had to deal with hurricane Irene, do you by any change live in North Carolina?

angxt

Post by angxt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:12 pm

KAMO wrote: Hi angxt, Loved your story and I'm so glad you are doing better. I was just wondering, since you said you had to deal with hurricane Irene, do you by any change live in North Carolina?
I am in New Jersey! We got Irene, then Lee. Then at the end of October, we got a freak snow storm that knocked out power for many for a week! I never lost power in any of theses events. But the two hurricanes sure gave me some anxiety. I handled the "blizzard" better. I have felt pretty good for a week now (until today!). For some reason Tuesdays seem to be my worst days. But since I have been having some pretty good days lately, I can probably just let it go and plan for a better day tomorrow.

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 pm

angxt wrote:
KAMO wrote: Hi angxt, Loved your story and I'm so glad you are doing better. I was just wondering, since you said you had to deal with hurricane Irene, do you by any change live in North Carolina?
I am in New Jersey! We got Irene, then Lee. Then at the end of October, we got a freak snow storm that knocked out power for many for a week! I never lost power in any of theses events. But the two hurricanes sure gave me some anxiety. I handled the "blizzard" better. I have felt pretty good for a week now (until today!). For some reason Tuesdays seem to be my worst days. But since I have been having some pretty good days lately, I can probably just let it go and plan for a better day tomorrow.
I was just wondering when you said something about Irene. I'm from North Carolina and we had a really hard time with this hurricane. I'm so glad that you are doing better.

angxt

Post by angxt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Well Tuesday was a relatively bad day, but today is a good day! Having a good day is a real incentive to keep trying to improve. And it is a reinforcement to the fact that all the physical symptoms are literally "in your mind". It's hard to believe that it's all in your mind, but I guess that's why its' so hard to change. And I have the benefit from my bout two years ago, of knowing that the good days will pile up, eventually!

thomas54

Post by thomas54 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:41 am

The post was way in the past, but David, great post! It gives me faith in the program and I will keep working.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”