Is this program still alive?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
KAMO

Re: Is this program still alive?

Post by KAMO » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

I have had the same problem as you not seeing many people on this forum, or the ones I do see are just advertisements. I don't think they are monitoring this like they should. I see where a lot of people will look at a post, but only one or two will respond. I don't understand it either and I myself have posted about this in the past.

Kasiabear

Post by Kasiabear » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Other than having a person to email back and forth with (that like i said, has helped me big time) I have found no other support on here. The tools just arent there. I dont think anyone monitors this site either. I am surprised that it isnt spammed out by now. Your right, I see people reading my posts but not many people respond. I guess I will just keep using the daily strength website. I am pretty dissapointed in this website. For the circumstances and the money I spent on the program, you would think that offering online support....there would be online support. I am here, and I need support! If you check out daily strength, feel free to look up my profile KAMO, my profile name is the same...Kasiabear.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:57 pm

I came here by invitation of someone else. So I do not have the program, but from what I've read (over many months) it does seem to help people. I have learned from it indirectly and am thankful. Unfortunately others do not continue to post. People come and go as they deem best for themselves is what I assume. The site is monitored. See Web Admin.

You might find it interesting to read some past threads where people have spoken favorably about the program. Wishing you the best.

Kasiabear

Post by Kasiabear » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Thank you very much! The same to you! I will check out the old threads. :D I appreciate the tip!
Kasia

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:08 pm

You know, since this is her program, it would be nice to see Lucinda put a post on here or reply to someone once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love her CD's, but I wonder if she even ever looks at this forum.

Kasiabear

Post by Kasiabear » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 pm

You took the words right out of my mouth.

okkan

Post by okkan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Sad to hear about your comments on the program. I suspected it in some way when I struggle thruth the program last year without anticipating in the forum that much. I think the way that the program is built up, it,s very challenging and it´s working in many ways.
I´m doing it for the second time because I didn´t finished the last time and I hope to meet people like you here :) .

angxt

Post by angxt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:48 pm

If everyone just reads the posts and doesn't reply, the boards won't be active! I have never posted or replied before, so I am as guilty as anyone else. I have completed the second session of the program and feel I've been helped at least a little. I am probably a bit atypical of people on these forums, being a 70 year old male, but I think sharing our symptoms, fears, routines, and successes, even the tiniest ones, can be helpful to all.

christieinez

Post by christieinez » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:46 pm

I completely agree. I am guilty of not always participating but you are right. We are all here to support each other. The forum is set up sort of funky and there are so many different topics to go through. It's a shame that I am on week 4 and I am not as into it as I would like to be BUT I am going to try and take as much as I can from this forum and continue through the program. Best of luck to all and hopefully we can be the spark to start up more conversations. :lol:

angxt

Post by angxt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:42 am

I agree that the set-up is not the greatest - too many boards, too many topics. It can be difficult even to find a board you have posted to. Write down the name of this topic in the first board (General etc). Then we can always find it. If we who are viewing here now, continue to visit, and more importantly, we post, we can make it a place that serves us. Pass the message on to others at other boards/forums that you visit. Promise to post something every day, even if it is just a hello to let everybody know you are still with us.
Let me start by saying I am 70 years old, and have probably suffered periods of general anxiety at various points in my life. Until a few years ago, I never knew what they were. I always suspected some physical (or mental) illness. Two years ago, I went through a period of anxiety that lasted about two months. Since I had intestinal manifestations, I went to my doctor, and nothing physical was found. I was prescribed xanax for anxiety. I filled the prescription, but never used it. I used valerian root (up to 5 times a day, then tapering down. I went for long walks (difficult at the time - it was mid winter and very cold most of the time!). But the bad feelings gradually diminished, and finally disappeared. So, I know anxiety can be defeated.
My current bout started about 3 months ago, probably triggered by a number of events that came in close succession, starting with Hurricane Irene!
I have to leave for a dentist appointment, but I will continue later, IF you all return and just check in. Just say hello, or start your own story of your battle. It can give us all some place to share, and some place to look forward to going to.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”