Growing up !

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
manofmusic

Growing up !

Post by manofmusic » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm

To make a long story short..........there's tension between me and a sibling. It has to do with the way him and his wife have been treating people, especially mom. I haven't been saying anything to anyone in the family about it, but there's visible tension. My sister calls tonight and asks what all the tension is about between me and sibling and his wife. I simply say "nothing". She said "Are you sure ?" I simply said "Yep". There was an awkward moment of silence and then I asked how things were going with her. I managed to change the conversation without stooping to the level of said sibling and wife.

I think I'm growing up ! LOL

THH

Re: Growing up !

Post by THH » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Manofmusic!
Long time....Looooong time!
I just poped in and seen your post, thought I would say, good for you! It is not your job to inform everyone how everyone feels. She was baiting you and you rose to a new level.... feels good huh????

I have been in many of these, and its hard. I feel tempted to tell someone how I may really feel. Unless it is the person I maybe having an issue with I stear as far as I can.

I have been learning as you. :mrgreen:

I have been also seeing that people who I thought have so much together don't "really" have it together as much as I have thought. Not that it makes me better in any way, but takes away the feeling I place on myself that I'm the only who struggles. Truth be said, everyone does! Not just us who admit to having anxiety!

Good to see you here! Good job too. Hang tuff...:P

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey THH ! You're right ......loooooooooooooooooooong time !

It just seems that I'm making headway and BOOM something else happens. Mom went into the hospital over the summer. Long story short, non-hodgins lymphoma. It ends up they saw it in only 2 lymphnodes. It's no where else in her body at all. They're keeping an eye on it. They told her once she feels pain, she's to go in for radiation to slow it down. She's 82. It's now been 4 months....no pain yet. She's in very good spirits. She decided to sell her house (dad passed away at the end of March) and she went into a senior's home. It's all made up now just like her house. She said that she wishes that she would've made this move in April ! .......live and learn I guess. Mom's happy, so I guess I should be too !

Oh yeah.......my bathroom is STILL not done ! LOL

For old times sake.......................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNeXJg0Sh1Q

THH

Post by THH » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Manof music,

Oh I know that one, BOOM, BAM, POW, just like an old batman show! Well were doing it, we are making it through. We're "WWWIIIIIINNNNNING"!

Wow lot have been happening in your life, big changes. I think last I heard was you lost your dad. (Sorry)
BUT it does sound like your mom is doing quite well. Its hard getting old. I have so much empathy for our older people. We just lost my husbands uncle. He was 94. Had a great life, but the last few years have been xtra hard. So it was a blessing. It was the last of that genaration in his family. Sad...
Changes - boy do we hate those! Haha...

Having your mom in good spirits helps tremdously! Good for the both of you! That is a blessing. Be happy about that.

Hahaha bathroom not done! lol... Well I made some progress, got my kitchen ceiling drywalled and the lights moved & painted! Looks good!

I love it. I'm winning... great song. I have been exploring some "newer" tunes and like some of them. Here is a catchie tune, thats fun. ENJOY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5KmB8Laemg&ob=av3e

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 pm

At least you got some work done. This year has made me want to just sit and do nothing. That's not like me at all. I need to start going for my walks again. Maybe I should join a gym or something. I sit all day at work then come home and sit. My blood must be like sludge now ! LOL

This is from the mid 90's. I heard it a few times and couldn't get it out of my head. It takes a few seconds for the video to start. I think it's the original from the studio........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYOCw9HvTs

THH

Post by THH » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Well you have had a very hard year. Give yourself some credit for working a job & taking care of family, that was most important. Now you can start to set goals again to work on the things you think need worked on.
Grief takes a long time to work through.

I was thrilled to finally get that job done. There is a long list of more to do's but I think one thing a year will best fit my pocket book, if I'm lucky enough to have extra money.

I have never heard this song! Thanks for sharing...

I'm getting myself ready for Thanksgiving. We are having a small gathering of family on Thursday. I'm doing better planning not stressing over the whole ordeal. Its just my family and even though they are all old and grumpy, don't mean I have to take it all personally. I really love them all, and enjoy there company. Happy Thanksgiving to you, I'll be back later with a song! LOL.... :mrgreen:

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

You are right. I'm going to take it easy on myself. I need to learn to relax without guilt. This year's been filled with sitting and watching TV and surfing the net etc etc, but I wasn't really relaxed.

I'll pace myself like you do. Focus on one project at a time. I still need to go to Home Depot or Lowe's to rent a tile cutter.

Being Canadian, my Thanksgiving was in October. At work, many of our customers are American, so the office phone doesn't ring. I suppose that it's kind of like a vacation for us ! LOL

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and enjoy your friends and family. I learned this year how short life seems................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhQOvvV45w&ob=av2e

THH

Post by THH » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Manof music,
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great tune! I never heard that one either. This gives me some new things to listen to.
I'm going to post one, you probably know, but I do like the new song. Red Hot Chili's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtBbinpK5XI&ob=av2e

I will have to do some home work to keep up with you! LOL...

I do know what you mean about relaxing with out guilt. I too at times stuggle with that one too. I'm learning though.
What do you have to do yet to finnish your bathroom?

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! LOL... on the light day at work! Gosh here they are opening the stores all day and night trying to coax shoppers out to spend! Crazy....

Thank you, I will. I'm cooking & baking Wed. so we will eat and hopefully relax some on Thursday. I have Friday off so long weekend! Yahooo! Looking forward to that.

I know what you say is true for me as well. We have lost alot of people this year as well. We have great memories but I have to keep making more of them so when I'm 80 I can look back at 50 and say remember when????

Have a good night!!!!! ;)

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:50 pm

I hope you had some turkey and stuffing for me !!!!!!!!!

You aren't one of the crazy people shopping during Black Friday are you ??? I saw on the news about a Wal-Mart in L.A. where the woman pepper sprayed people that got too close to her stuff CRAZY !!!!!!! I stay away from stores now until they calm down in February LOL

Can you imagine people with panic attacks in the stores today ! YIKES !

Red Hot Chili's are good time music and that one did the trick ! I hadn't heard that one yet.

Mom's house went up for sale last Monday and it sold by Thursday for more than she was asking so I was there tonight to move most of the big things out and bring them to where they needed to be. I'm tired and sore ! I'm ready for bed now.

I will find a song later.

THH

Post by THH » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Ahhhh, yes I ate plenty for everyone! Everything tasted so good. That is the problem, ya just can't eat too much. We always over eat, don't eat much for a couple days and wish you had more of it! LOL...

NO WAY I'm with you, Feb. is a safer time to go out! I shop on line, the stores never have what I want anyway! LOL....Oh on the news I seen several crazed people fighting for store stuff. They are nuts!

I always think of that too. I know I have seen them on the freeway too! LOL...

WOW that is amazing with that quick of a sale. That tells me it was ment to be... How are you feeling about the sale? Is it your childhood home? How is your mom? How does she feel?

I've had a blast of overwhelm with the holidays Thanksgiving/ Christmas we had a recent loss of my husbands Uncle, lots of company some staying for a week or longer. I have a doctor appt. Tuesday for a wellness visit.( Maybe a blood draw) The following week, my FAVORITE dentist cleaning. I plugged in a tape today! I have found when I get tired, and emotional stress keeps steady, it wears me down to where I start to obsess. I'm going to watch a movie tonight and get my mind in another place! At least I can see the pattern.
Hope your having a good day! ;)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”