Worry about Worrying

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
LesterLou

Worry about Worrying

Post by LesterLou » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:33 pm

does anyone worry about worrying. Lately I have been worried about every little pain or ache I get....I hate it. Because when I started this program i started because I had a panic attack and couldnt figure out why I had one so i was determined to figure out why. My whole life I have never suffered from a panic attack or have never had anixety as I did last year but the program hleped me understand what they were and how to handle them....which I havent had one since. But after i went through all that, as well as not getting a good night sleep until I figured out its all in your head, I am now obsessing over every little ache and pain. I never used to be like this.....now my sister on the other hand would worry about every little thing...me never...until now.....I dont get it....one minute I'm good from panic attacks and now Im worried about my health and i am having sleep issues again....Why....

Gigi123

Re: Worry about Worrying

Post by Gigi123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Worrying about ever little ache and pain is called hypochondria. Welcome to the club :) It stems from the fear of loss of control. It also serves as a great distractor when you're experiencing a stressful episode in your life. Even though it seems like torture when in the middle of this, it successfully distracts you from your real fears. I would sit down and try and list ALL the things that may be subconsciously worrying you.

randy c.

Re: Worry about Worrying

Post by randy c. » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:22 am

Back when I had panic attacks, I constantly worried about every little ache and pain. Wondered to myself is this it ? Will this be the ache that gets me? Then I started worrying about worrying.If that wasnt bad enough,when I did finally start to relax a little I would worry why I wasnt worrying!!! :o Looking back now I have to laugh. What a hoot... :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”