Stupid Me! I SMOKED TODAY!!!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Loveslife

Re: Stupid Me! I SMOKED TODAY!!!

Post by Loveslife » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Be gentle with yourself. Tomorrow is another fresh, new day.

King Peace

Post by King Peace » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 am

Thank you LovesLife. Your words of kindness take me aback. I never considered being kind to myself. I suppose I should. Thank you. I will move onward... I will stop smoking again. I will stop eating insane amounts of sugar. I will have a great job again and be successful in it. I will live to serve others. And isn't that what life is all about: serving others?

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am

That's the attitude. Do the very best that you can...
Embrace life and all that this beautiful world offers. Really, life is such a miracle. Have a better day today, and just do the very best that you can.

tinawest

Post by tinawest » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:45 pm

the harder it is to stop smoking the longer you will be smoke free.At least for me.It was so hard to quite 8 years ago that i will never smoke again becauseI would not want to go through that again. It was a dark cloud for a while after quitting but all I see is sunshine now. The best change I ever made in my life, and I have made quit a few.

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 pm

So how are you doing now? I know this is a really old post. I had quit in 2011 and then started up again about 6 months ago (again). I really want to quit but I haven't had a panic attack in months and I'm worried that if I quit smoking that I'll start having them again like last time. I know that smoking isn't the magic solution to anxiety, and I'm taking medication to help with my panic attacks. I just have to have the courage to do it and trust that I'll be OK, even if I have some anxiety. It has felt great being panic free, but I don't want to do something unhealthy. I also caught a really bad cold and I hardly ever got sick for the 12 years that I'd quit. Hope you're doing well.

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 pm

I found a web site with a lot of videos and articles that might help.

http://whyquit.com/

King Peace

Post by King Peace » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 am

Faith_TX wrote:I found a web site with a lot of videos and articles that might help.

http://whyquit.com/

Thank you. I am happy to say it's been 1 years since my last cigarette.

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:09 am

So glad to hear that!! I'm starting over. This time is different though. My husband had a health problem so that he HAS to quit and I want to be supportive. I just need to push through the anxiety. I'm not craving a cigarette really I'm just afraid that my anxiety and OCD will get worse again. I know that it doesn't have to be that way. I just have to take good care of myself.

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Faith, how are you doing with your smoking? I hope all is well. I want to quit but its hard to take the first step.It makes me anxious just thinking about it.Good luck and god bless. :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”