Dear Diary

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
tina martin

Re: Dear Diary

Post by tina martin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:01 am

Dear J, can I begin to tell you how I love your post? No, it would take too long. So, so happy for your success and speechless over B. Your approach is the correct one. How strong and capable you are in all ways. We applaud you.

You once gave me the link to Dr.K's page on FB and I can read there and can find my way to your page. See your two darling grannies there. How adorable. And I know about partings at airports. Have had them for many years.

2013 brought a major change for me since the Old Boy retired. This work-a-holic is now here, we're together as never before. But I am my own person as never before. Startles me sometimes, was such a shadow. The time at LTT, here and AZ are making it possible. Never take it for granted.

The song is lovely, thank you. I assume he is of the J. tribe but where is his semitic nose, ha ha? He can belt it out. Wish you and R and M and everyone else the same. Peace, good health, strength, tenacity. Embrace you, Love.........t

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi Tina, just happened to see you on here today and wanted to stop in and wish you & everyone a very Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from me!! I hope all your Christmas wishes come true! For those that don't know me, I'm the website technical 'guru', spam killer, and registration administrator around here. I did the entire program from July to October of 2006 with full success. Since then I've seen a lot and experienced good times as well as bad ones including the end of a 31 year marriage in 2011 but, with the skills & tools I learned here I made it through that time of my life. For those of you who may be going through a divorce or already done it just remember this, "there's someone out there that will come walking into your life again someday right out of the blue....I didn't believe that at first, esp right after the divorce - I thought my life was over, but omg was I wrong. In mid October this year a beautiful lady didn't come out of the blue, she came straight out of a pumpkin patch here in this part of the country while I was out driving one day looking to buy a pumpkin for my front porch. Stopped at a roadside stand and since that day we've seen each other almost every day. Amazing! :) So one never knows what the future will bring but just remember this, use this program, do everything it asks, and keep moving forward because there will come a day when you too can be 90% anxiety free....I did it and I believe in you, you can do it too! Merry Christmas to all!

Oh yeah....on November 18 2013....the lady from the pumpkin patch and I became engaged - :D

Dave - WebAdmin - Stress Stress Center!

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Dear Dave; WebAdmin - Stress Stress Center!

Phew. For a moment there I thought I was going to get into trouble for being such a Dear Diary hog.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story; in a pumpkin patch no less. Very charming that you met your real life 'Cinderella' in a pumpkin patch.

Congratulations and Best Wishes to your fiancé.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, and of course, everyone here on this wonderful site.

XO
J.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:03 am

What a story, Dave. Congratulations. Much happiness to you and your lucky lady. The grand adventure of life picks up in unexpected ways. The program can indeed be very effective. I've learned so much and am always grateful for the principles of CBT which I first learned here. There is less posting now but I do check in now and then.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your fiance. Maybe together you can make a tasty pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Pumpkin is healthy in more ways than one, ha ha.

WebAdmin
Site Admin

Post by WebAdmin » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanks everyone! Stay tuned because from the "vine" I hear there are new things coming next year. ;)

NeverADullMoment

Post by NeverADullMoment » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:50 am

There are things that one gets involved with that drains us. A Site such as this and friends that we accumulate can be life changing for sure. My biggest battle is taking car of me. Slowly retraining myself but old habits are hard to break.
It is amazing how many hits this "dear diary" is having. Almost like a fresh drink of spring water.

Ma is still swirling in the whirlpool of hmm somewhere. Happy in the moment for the most part. Sundowners has been being a rut of late.

T, Happy days that your getting on like a champion. You do not realize it but you are a tender hearted motivator. Thanks and good luck at keeping the ole boy between the ditches.

J, The resiliance you muster is to be commended. If he leads us to it he will lead us threw it. You go girl......

Webmaster congrats on a new chapter in your travels. I am sure it is a wonderful feeling. I hope it all the best and again congradulations at running a clean and safe site environment and shareing personally.
Here is a song that gets me moving.
Be safe.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=SPA ... 2D250FC3F7

NeverADullMoment

Post by NeverADullMoment » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Yesterday was my birthday and 20 year sober. It is freaking scary how fast the numbers are accumulating and I having a hard time getting past melancholy.

R

Loveslife

Post by Loveslife » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Dear R.,
Wow!!! Twenty years sober!! I never knew yet it makes so much sense. Congratulations to you, my dear, dear friend.
Again, Wow!! Twenty years sober.
Ok, I confess that I've just come back from a Christmas party and have had two glasses of wine, so I'm a bit tipsy.
I don't have a problem in that department, but am ALWAYS in awe of anyone who does struggle and has overcome it.
R., I consider you to be a dear and trusted friend, and I love that we have Dear Diary to communicate.
Thank you webmaster for providing the tools and the forum.
Ok, as I've said, I've had 2 glasses of wine, and I'm usually a tee totaler.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Love,
J.
PS
I love that song by James Blunt. So beautiful.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Wish I were tipsy to come up with a super post like J. Instead, I'm my typical dull self. Was wondering about you, R. Not like you to not join up esp. at this time. But here you are with metaphors aplenty. Makes me smile. Your mother is holding on and you are there to hold her up. But you must remember to do the same for yourself. I understand melancholy.

Now I seem to remember your birthday at this special time. Praise, praise, praise yourself for all your accomplishments, your loving family, and staying the course for all time. Applaud you. Imagine you on that motorcycle, loving the driving, the outdoors, the scenery. There was no need for that cop to whip out a ticket. And, yes, am keeping the Old Boy between the ditches. Not always so easy, but am determined to keep him well.

R, the best birthday to you and a big toast to all of us for 2014. Isn't it fabulous that you brought us here? Happy New Year. Felice Navidad. Freuliches Neu Jahr, etc. etc.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Dear SoWhatif:

I am replying to your post dated September 2012 !

I am just starting to pick myself up and dust myself off from the most terrible times of my life.
I am finally at a point in my life where I am very aware of my illness and I have accepted it and I have embraced it. I have been very receptive the past three months. I am finally entering recovery in the most positive way.

I have a (fixed) income now ( disability ). And I have health insurance too. ( What a relief ).

I was extremely fortunate to have a very insightful Caseworker assigned to me during a recent hospital stay. If it weren't for him, I don't know where I would be today. I now qualify for a myriad of services here in my city, all because of his help. I now have access to a free psychiatrist, a free nurse and free psychiatric prescription medications. I recently attended an Intensive Outpatient Program that really gave me the jump start that I needed, it built up my confidence and gave me hope. The therapists, staff and other clients ( my peers ) at this facility were the most vital key to my recovery. From there I started participating in other programs/classes/workshops in my community. Through socialization and structure I have found the confidence that I need to succeed. Now I have hope, and I have not had that for a very long time.

PS: I see that all of the original "Dear Diary" contributors are still going strong !
Keep up the great work !

LyndaLu
Last edited by LyndaLu on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”