heart flutters

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
hall234200

Post by hall234200 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:19 pm

I have been haveing heart flutterfor a while. I notice them a few times when i was a teen and didnt pay them any attention and I didnt have anxiety then. Well know that i'm in my 20's i notice them about everyday and i have had a hundred ek, echo and wore a heart mointer for 24 hours. The the doctor told me that they wasnt danger and said all my test look good. Well I was on web md and I seen something about a heart arhythima and it said something about wearing a pace maker and now I am so scared I have that and i'm a freaking out. Does anyone have any info on this? thanks and God Bless

ptsd

Post by ptsd » Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 am

Hi, I know exactly what you are going through. I have had flutters and skipped beats for many many years.

I am better at giving advice than taking it, I have been to 5 diffrent cardiologist and they have all said the same thing, You are fine. This is for me, hard to beleive, just as it is for you. I work daily to remind myself that they will not hurt me and never have. The last Cardio doc I went to had PVC's just like I do so he was very understanding. He must have told me 100 times before I left his office that they will not hurt you, they are just uncomfortable.

I hope this will help you in some way to feel better.
God Bless and take care

SimpleTruths

Post by SimpleTruths » Fri May 21, 2010 9:15 am

Hi, just wanted to say me too. :) I have also been to 5 different cardiologists seeking answers to these annoying things! But I too have been assured - after testing - that everything is OK. Also, I have noticed they are not as frequent now that my stress level is much less. Now it is more hormonal related. :roll: The program helped me alot when I did it. I keep it handy for times when I need to look back over things. Hang in there!

melissa51

Post by melissa51 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Look back on some of my posts, it may help. I was totally desperate for answers. The last time I had a really bad pvcs was in december. I feel one every once in a while but nothing serious. When I stopped worrying about them they stopped ruling my life.

Viejo70

Post by Viejo70 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:51 am

I went to the hospital with the same problem and after the exam the Doctor said that it was just the upper chamber of the heart and was nothing to worry about. (my thought was, ya that is easy for you to say) When I came out of the emergency room a wife of one of my students at the time said "Marvin I don't care what the Doctor said to you, what you need is Chamomile Tea". I tried it the next time my heart went nuts, it stopped it within the first half of a cup. So for the next several years I never left home without it. I still kep it around in my house and in my motor home but haven't had the problem for quit some time.

hall234200

Post by hall234200 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks so much for replying. My anxiety has went down alot since I've read your all post. I'm still worried about haveing a heart arhythima. Would the doc found it in all my test if I would of had one? I wish I never went on web md. Thanks again and God Bless

Kim Doc

Post by Kim Doc » Mon May 31, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi,

I suffer from flutters all the time. I have to agree with the others, they are frightening. Remember one thing, once you lessen your stress, omit caffeine and chocolate from your diet, you will notice they lessen. Additionally, once you realize that they will not hurt you, that they simply are annoying, they will start to go away. Using self talk also helps. Tell your self, nothing is wrong, these are only PVC's and they will go away, you will notice they will pass.

You can also try deep breathing. This also helps. I like you had every test known to man, even a CT Angio gram and everything showed fine.
The more you worry about them the more they will pester you. I know it hard to believe but my cardiologist told me this and he was right.
Finally, a very good mentor of mine on this web site, told me back when I first started experiencing them, that one day I will look back and see how they controlled me. You know what???? She was right!

Hope this helps you. Just remember you are not alone. We all suffer from these annoying and frightening pain in the butt things. If they continue to annoy you, talk to your doctor about the possibility of adding a beta blocker. I am taking a low dose one and notice it helps with the severity of them.

You take care,
Kim

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”