Dealing with the outside world

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:35 am

HA HA Juno! That is so funny! Small world eh? :)I too had been in the ER because I was having chest pains really bad. They woke me up out of a dead sleep. I even had an Ambulance ride with two of the hottest EMT's I have ever seen..LOL! Of course at that time they drugged me for the pain so I wasn't freaking out at that moment. Nothing. The follow up visit with my doctor showed that the stomach valve that sits in that same place tried to force too big of a piece of food through and that causes that type of pain. SHEESH!! Silly me! Slow down and chew my food :roll:

Forever young....Well I know that it is created by Neuro Science and they do have a website for it. I suggest though, that you got to a Naturopath(or a doctor that uses neuroscience) to find what your Neurotransmitter levels are at. I wouldn't suggest taking anything without a doctor's consent. There are other items on there that I have taken(doctor's prescription only) my doctor said AdreCor is the ONLY one that can be taken without a doctor's advice but I would still have the lab done first. You take it in the morning. NOT at night. No unfortunately, it is NOT a cure. The cure for negative thoughts are to practice positive thinking and working a program. I have been on AdreCor while going through panic attacks. :( It just helps support your levels while under stress.

cfe

Post by cfe » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 am

forever young 06; I take a Natural pill when I can't shut my mind off and go to sleep; "Primal Clam" Distributed by; Primal Nutrition, Inc, Malibu, CA 90265 1 888 774 6259 www.primalblueprint.com it is predominantly Calcium Magnesium. So often our diet and life style, does this to us, if I have had too much sugar, or if I have to much on my mind, I need a little extra to help me sleep, and this does that for me.
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Lord Help me to Finish Strong - COLOSSIANS 1:10-12

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%207&version=AMP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqYiQK7HQ

vickiB

Post by vickiB » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:47 am

I can relate to Wendy T's post from December 30, 2010. Sometimes I waste an entire day because I have a task in the back of my mind all day, and yet can't seem to get started on it. Without beating myself up over this tendency, on a day like today, when I am able to move from task to task and actually have interest in things around me (without having a feeling of paranoia and panic or impending doom), the day is actually pleasant! I had forgotten what that was like. I guess we all go through these things. What is so weird, is that I can remember when I was doing good, and once I get down in the stages of these depressive episodes that have plagued my life, I have the hardest time retracing the steps that put me back down in the dumps. Once I get back on the up-swing, then I seem to get a completely different attitude and I forget the lessons I've learned in order to counteract the next episode that always seems to blind-side me. I have a feeling the answer is is being honest with myself about the fact that I do have the tendency to believe the bad thoughts once I have the slightest little thing cause me to doubt that things will be okay (or should I say perfect?). Perhaps the reason the happy times seem so fragile is that I am not embracing the reality of life, that good and bad exists together all through life. That takes the pressure off.... and... also brings me back to reality. Okay. I wish I could strike the "all or nothing" perfectionist quality out of my personality forever. I realize that it is keeping me from trying new things. I defeat myself before I ever start when I am scared of anything less than a perfect ending to every endeavor I undertake. It is up to me to work toward taking control of my self-talk and get my thoughts in check when they get carried away. I admit that one of the hardest things for me to do is to contest the automatic negative thoughts.

cfe

Post by cfe » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 pm

vickiB I so agree with all of that, you are a good writer! I would only add one thing, We need to Celebrate our day! see each moment as perfect,it is a success for us to accomplish even 1 of the things we need to be doing in a day, if we aren't able to Celebrate when we are up, we will not have anything to look forward to when we are down. We must have compassion on ourselves, things are not perfect "right now" and perfection is imposable, but we do have perfect moments. and we need to pat ourselves on the back when we do "stop thinking negatively for an hour,& maybe 2 hours tomorrow, make do-able goals! and a better life is do-able. Realize, we are really good people, weather we produce every day or not. This Culture wants 24/7 production from us, that is why I burned out at 55, the multi tasking, the constant production, is not even humane. Animal protection people, would not allow it if they cared as much for us, as they do animals. Yet we buy the; put downs "you are worthless, you didn't accomplish anything today" that is not true! Resting is how I got my adrenals firing again, I used to eat to stay awake, so I produced an extra 40lbs. Now I walk! 30 minutes, that produces the endorphins, to keep me awake. I don't produce any tangible thing while I am walking, nothing marketable! I used to think I didn't have time to walk (to take care of me) now I know, I am producing muscle,endurance, health,clear thinking. Now I can do my job. Celebrate Encourage, your self, to take care of yourself! Enjoy Life! "I am not where I want to be yet, but I am not where I used to be, I'm OK and I'm on my way" Joyce Meyer.
Cheri {8^) keep looking up ~!~ BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR THEY LET IN THE LIGHT

'Never allow someone to be your Priority while allowing yourself to be their Option'.
"What you are is God's gift to you, and what you do with what you are is your gift to God" Too Blessed to be Stressed!!! May Grace and Mercy be multiplied to you.

Toolate?

Post by Toolate? » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:46 am

For the people who do the program-do you work on it every day or several times a week-do you write in the work book and listen to the tapes. It seems I only have the time and energy to listen to the CDs while I am driving. I do believe in much of what I am hearing and reading but sometimes it feels like a drug that has worn off. It just seems that I can't commit to the time needed to get better and stay better because I have a full time job and kids. I know most of you probably have a full time job and kids. The only thing that might single me out is that I work 3rd shift and my sleep is broken up which I know makes things worse but I don't know if I will be able to go to days anytime soon. Thanks.

cfe

Post by cfe » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

I tried what you are doing, and it didn't work for me, I was stuck on lesson 4 for a month, I just got discouraged. Thank God the Stress Center, called me to see how I was doing, I told them and they suggested a tooter, they had a wonderful woman, call me one day a month to talk to me about the program and how I was doing. She had me start over, and do my homework, the journaling is very important! I divided my reading in to (I think, 2 or 3 pages a day) what ever it took to get that Week done in time for my weekly call. It was the little bit of pressure I needed, knowing someone else cared if I got this done made all the difference. Having children even makes it more important, because if you don't change those kids are in for more of the same of worse in their future. Obviously you would have not bought this if you wanted them to grow up with a parent like you are now?

I looked at it like this, If I totally loose it, and have to go to a Physiologist, (maybe court ordered) it would take allot longer, than listing to CD's in the car, on my way to work. (which I probably wouldn't have any longer if I don't change this) and reading 2 or 3 pages a day, would, and the Journaling, well it got easier as I did it. and I can tell you without doing the Journaling, you won't get where you are wanting to be, at all! You need to "Write it OUT" and you need to read it in a week to see how far you are coming. This program WORKS I did it 5 years ago, and I am still using the tools it gave me to cope with what is "JUST LIFE" now, I have never (in all my life) been happier than I am today, confident, able to handle the confrontations in my life that used to break me, and are only a necessary tool to make my life livable. Thank you! Lucinda, a thousand times thank you for saving me from madness.

Toolate?

Post by Toolate? » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 pm

cfe-Thank you so much for your posting. You are so right I need to make this more of a priority not just for myself but for my family. I did well over 20 years ago with cognitive therapy which is bascially the same as this program and I did a lot of writing then. No matter how tired I feel-even I spend 5 minutes at least 3 times a week (hopefully more) writing, then I think that will make a difference. Thanks again and God bless

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 am

vickiB I so agree with all of that, you are a good writer! I would only add one thing, We need to Celebrate our day! see each moment as perfect,it is a success for us to accomplish even 1 of the things we need to be doing in a day, if we aren't able to Celebrate when we are up, we will not have anything to look forward to when we are down. We must have compassion on ourselves, things are not perfect "right now" and perfection is imposable, but we do have perfect moments. and we need to pat ourselves on the back when we do "stop thinking negatively for an hour,& maybe 2 hours tomorrow, make do-able goals! and a better life is do-able. Realize, we are really good people, weather we produce every day or not. This Culture wants 24/7 production from us, that is why I burned out at 55, the multi tasking, the constant production, is not even humane. Animal protection people, would not allow it if they cared as much for us, as they do animals. Yet we buy the; put downs "you are worthless, you didn't accomplish anything today" that is not true! Resting is how I got my adrenals firing again, I used to eat to stay awake, so I produced an extra 40lbs. Now I walk! 30 minutes, that produces the endorphins, to keep me awake. I don't produce any tangible thing while I am walking, nothing marketable! I used to think I didn't have time to walk (to take care of me) now I know, I am producing muscle,endurance, health,clear thinking. Now I can do my job. Celebrate Encourage, your self, to take care of yourself! Enjoy Life! "I am not where I want to be yet, but I am not where I used to be, I'm OK and I'm on my way" Joyce Meyer.
I appreciate your posting cfe! It covers what VickiB said which she mentioned Wendy T's posting!

I'm having a trouble with attacking dejunking my bedroom. I'm getting better at doing simpler tasks, but I can relate to Wendy T and how her simplest task too her all night. But I'm doing much better. :)

I use to worry about the cruelty to animals and I just couldn't watch Sarah McLaughlin's commercial. I would have to fast forward past it or turn down the sound. I realize too, that I can't save the world, I can only work on me and those close by for the time being.

God knows those creatures and human beings and sends Angels to care for them, whether they be human beings or unseen Angels. We can only send out a quick prayer for them and always pray for ourselves in the meantime.

CFE--I like to build up my neurotransmitters by walking or any activity that is aerobic. I agree w/ you on the world and others insisting that we multitask and be always productive.

I have had to go through a lot of thought provoking realizations that I don't need to do all that I had plans to do in my life that involved a lot of physical effort and busyness.
I needed to make a shift in my mindset to live a more productive life that is more peaceful.

So I figured what is best for me right now is to take baby steps and learn to let go of "things" that are cluttering up my life and household. Finish writing about my own life's story for posterity and get rid of things that are taking up precious time.

Then when its time for me to maybe do more or produce more, I will be on a firm foundation of, I hope, CALM, that I won't stress over the little irritations in life.

All of you guys are great! :) Very thought producing posts, thanks so much! :) Paislee

cfe

Post by cfe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am

I like this "7/11" a song with 7 words, sang 11 times ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded
"I don't have to get up every day trying to be perfect! I just need to get up every day, determined to press on." Joyce Meyer
<span class="ev_code_RED">I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is callling us upward. - PHILIPPIANS 3;14</span>
Dear Paisleegreen
You go girl, it sounds very much like you are winning!

controlfreak25

Post by controlfreak25 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 pm

This is exactly how i feel. You cant turn on a tv without hearing about something negative or even talk to people. It might be normal to others to here this negative things and it not bother them. But for someone with anxiety its not what you want to hear. We have enough negative thoughts of our own we dont need more. There is still postive, beautiful things in the world that we need to reflect on to get through this. What we need to remember is if we stop letting these negative things control us we can enjoy the positive things in our lives with open arms. :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”