Share your most successful coping strategies

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
samcat

Re: Share your most successful coping strategies

Post by samcat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Didn't know Qi Gong is standing meditation--no wonder I find it relaxing. So I have been doing a form of meditation and didn't even know it. Ha Ha. Thanks for all your helpful information Tina.

Sounds like you are taking the right approach--adapt things to what works best for you. You are a wise woman Tina!

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 am

Feel I need to clarify Qi gong because I may have taken some liberties. Not sure whether it would get that formal designation I gave it. But when I'm standing with eyes closed floating through some brocades and tai chi poses to a variety of soothing music; what the heck, why not take credit for meditating?

Am I wise? Actually have plenty wisdom lines in my face since I won't pump anything into the skin to make them disappear. Every now and then there is someone with natural lines and features in the public eye. I cheer for them. So how else can we build each other up? Sometimes that right hemisphere in the brain blossoms with age. Off meditating.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I enjoyed reading all the recent activity on here :) Some really useful stuff. I do yoga and love it and I don't really call it meditation but I do a breathing exercise that would probably fall under the heading of meditation, most everyday during my lunch break. I simply sit with my eyes closed and slowly breath in and out through my nose and into my stomach and count progressively on my inhales and repeat the word relax on each exhale. Pretty basic but it really helps me a lot and energizes me for the rest of the day.

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Great stuff! I find the breathing priceless as well. I also do yoga for the stretching and it just slows me down. I love all of the work we have put into being so aware of our mind and body and managing it in a balanced healthy way. We are really bright, amazing people. Celebrating all of our efforts to live out peace!

Well done :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks and so nice to meet you coachchris :D

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:57 am

Today I laughed out loud while watching a television program.
I was by myself in my little apartment while watching the program.
I realized that I had not laughed in a very long time. I realized that
laughing releases a lot of tension. I realized that I really need to
laugh more often. It has been so long since I have experienced joy.
I was so grateful to have it today, if only for just a moment.
Lynda :)

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Laughter is the best. It releases good hormones. Norman Cousins wrote about it in Anatomy of an Illness. I have DVD's of The Honeymooners of long ago. Always cracks me up, as do Laurel and Hardy, The Marx Brothers, silly stuff like that.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm

That's great Lynda. I love to laugh too and as I got my anxiety under control I have noticed that I don't take things or myself too seriously anymore and laugh at things that used to throw me for a loop these days :lol:

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Hey Tina Yoga is good stuff for both body and mind. Good to combine spiritual with the physical in my opinion though I tend to focus on the physical and just reap the mental benefits afterwards when I exercise.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 am

Yoga is the very best for body and soul. I've been at it for years. Currently take a class twice a week and do some at home almost every day.

There are good books and DVD's to help you learn it. I have collected a mini library over the years. You want to try and learn it to make it your own. Classes are good but can teach only so much. Happy to share whatever interests you.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”