Starting to feel good.....i'm scared

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
vahorsegirl

Post by vahorsegirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:15 am

So I have done the program and have now also been seeing a therapist for 6 months. I have recently started to see dramatic improvement. I have been able to drive without being anxious, which was a major problem and go out on my own to the mall and other places I had been avoiding. But to be honest, I'm scared...
I haven't felt this good in a LONG time... is it temporary or have I mastered some skills..

Trying not to overanalyze, but didn't know if anyone else had experienced this feeling before.

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:24 am

I think you're putting your new found knowledge and therapy to work and moving forward and that's so wonderful to hear! Congratulations!!!!

Don't be like me, though, and expect the sky to start falling any minute....smile and enjoy your progress, share your experiences here to motivate others and live life to the fullest. I'm so proud of you!!! You've come a long way, baby!!!
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Blick

Post by Blick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:35 am

Hey, I was just listening to one of the CD's on my way to work and Lucinda spoke of this very thing. How it may be scary to start feeling good.

So know that it is normal to feel this way and go with it, enjoy it. It is all part of the healing process.

Congratulations!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:57 am

Congratulations! I actually went to Walmart and did some shopping. Mainly to get some healthy foods and other needed items. I still had a foreboding feeling while there. I don't know if that is normal, or what. Just got concerned over the germs that could possibly be on the produce department, so I didn't buy some of fresh veggies such as lettuce, etc. But did buy fruit and veggies that I knew I would be peeling and cooking.

I've been more concerned since I had H1N1 and the regular flu last year and watch DR OZ show.
So far this year the flu has not hit me as early as it did last year.

You Go Girl! Yippee!

Angel308

Post by Angel308 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 pm

In response to the original posting-I totally understand about feeling good and it is so scary. I am seeing somethings that were hidden about myself (like all the awful things I say to myself all day long) and they are not the most comforting things to be aware of. I am trying to be OK with the fact that progress is progress-even if it feels scary and uncomfortable. I am going to try to be positive about the fact that I am getting rid of excess baggage and applaud myself for the steps I am taking to recover from years of negative thinking. Thanks for sharing everyone!

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 pm

That's the way I used to feel (and still do sometimes). You are just using the skills you learned. Eventually, that cloud of impending doom will blow away. Unfortunately, it may come back from time to time, but you'll know what to do once it does. Congratulations on your progress !

vahorsegirl

Post by vahorsegirl » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am

Thanks everyone. It's a great feeling to be able to do more things alone and not be so worried all the time. But....after struggling with anxiety holding me back for years, it's a little unnerving to feel so good. And when I'm out and about feeling good there is still that little part in the back of my mind that is like.....is something bad going to happen? I can't possibly feel like my old self again..

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”