End of the world?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Momof2cuteboys

Post by Momof2cuteboys » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Sooo with all the news and everything crazy happening lately I can feel an increase in my anxiety. I have been doing awesome....the best I've felt in six years an I don't want all this stuff going on to bring on anxiety. I am a Christian, and I know that God has a bigger plan for it all, but with it in the news and online EVERYWHERE it's kind of scary. I want to see my boys grow up and enjoy this life we have. I know that is so selfish, because YES I do want to go to Heaven and know God does have great plans for me an my family.

Any advice to help settle the nerves a little?

Ryno323

Post by Ryno323 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:29 pm

I used to have an issue with the negativity that is present in the news, on the internet, and even in the email forwards that my mom used to send to me. In order to keep my sanity, I have stopped watching the news, try to only visit positive online websites that will benefit my life and actually asked my mother to stop forwarding me emails on anything negative (political, religious emails, etc). This has really helped me to rid the negativity from my life and focus on all of the good happening in this world. I would highly recommend doing something similar and focusing your energies on positive things. It really is that simple. Good luck to you!
Ryan

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Ryno is right on the money. You have got to get rid of all that crap. Remember the old saying
"Garbage in Garbage out"? We are just way way way too suggestable to fill our mids with that stuff. I am not bothered ( for the most part) by news anymore. But I do read the news websites more than watch. That way I can still have the important stuff that may affect my life but avoid the crappy stuff. And the same with just about everything. It's like our brains can be a sponge so do we want to absorb the quality life affirming stuff or disease it will non essentials? anyway so yeah . Ditch that negative stuff. I mostly watch HGTV and THe Style network stuff and don't want depressing shows anymore. It's just not worth it. Take care. It does get better as you get to feeling stronger.

Jill~

newrunner

Post by newrunner » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 am

HiMom of 2 boys-

If you are a Christian, then you know in your heart that only God knows when the end of the world is. Not all those crackpots on the TV or radio or in the newspaper. I feel kind of like you, almost like mourning what could be for my family, etc., but I have no idea how great heaven is so I can't really make a fair comparison. I figure if only God knows, then He purposely will change the date just to tick off the idiots. To HIM be the glory. Not the media.

I tend to listen to sports talk radio because it's fun and not so inflammatory. And no TV. I also like the paper because I can control the rate at which I take it in.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:01 am

I am sensitive to the news as well. I was more so after my first panic attack. I'm getting better since I've been on this website. I watched the news about the guy in Tucson and that guy definitely needed to be checked and followed up on by the police. But enough things happen in Tucson, that the police probably have their hands full.

I have avoided many TV shows as well that I use to watch and I've had my own reality of bad things happening to me and my family that I can understand why I have GAD right now. But things are getting better as I change my thinking and as in Lucinda's CDs someone said to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I also have faith in Christ and that "things" will work out as we faithfully strive to do what we can for ourselves along with developing a lot of faith in His plan for the world.

I think what really strikes me is seeing movie or TV stars aging. :eek: Then is see myself aging, then you see the TV stars passing on, what? weren't they just on such and such TV show? Where did the time go?

So it is always a reality check that isn't always that fun to think of, but does help to know that everyone else is in the same boat. We all are aging, and those sweet people that were here on earth just not too long ago are somewhere else...:D probably having the time of their lives! :) Paislee

Momof2cuteboys

Post by Momof2cuteboys » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks for the kind words and advice.

It's with all this crazy stuff...birds falling from the sky, fish dying, the eclipse, the earthquakes and so on....it's just been kind of exaggerated on the news or online I suppose. But it has definitely given me some nerves of uneasiness and causing some anxiety. My boys are only 2 and 4 and I don't know I just don't feel like I'm ready for it all to end. I know that probably sounds selfish and I don't mean it that way, but I suppose as it was said, we don't really have a means of comparison because I am quite sure that Heaven is far beyond anything I could ever imagine.

Molly77

Post by Molly77 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 am

what eclipse? birds falling from the sky? It hasn't happened in my corner of the universe :) No eclipse here in Arizona that was overseas. They happen often. I don't watch the NEWS and never really have. I just don't think it is NEWS it is OLDS to me. Same thing just a different variation. I recently learned about the guy in Tuscon...that stuff happens all over the world...we just don't hear about it unless it is an official or school. Very sad really..but it brought the city together.

I don't think the world will end without us knowing ahead of time. We will KNOW..it will be more obvious than a few more earthquakes, birds dying, eclipses...we will FEEL(as in sense not emotion) it. That is what I believe

Dakereb

Post by Dakereb » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 am

Yes, you are listening to the news with your emotions and not your intellect. Things like mass bird and fish deaths are not that uncommon. It's just that they are not usually reported. Once a couple of them happen in close succession, the news people start looking for them and reporting them. It gives the illusion that it suddenly got worse, when in fact, it's pretty much always been that way. Keep in mind the news is driven by ratings. They keep track of stories people access on the internet, then pump out more stories that are similar. Lot's of people read the stories about the birds? Well, let's get more stories out there! We want those clicks! We want the ad revenue!

A hundred years ago, all this instant communication and feedback did not exist. All the problems and events still took place, similar to today, but the hype was low. We are still here. We'll still be here tomorrow. Love your life today, and tomorrow will take care of itself.

SoWhatif

Re: End of the world?

Post by SoWhatif » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 am

Do what you can do to educate,instruct and research the truth using love and compassion as a guide and you will raise them boys just fine. All we can do is take care of the ones we can, let God worry about the rest.
The serinity Prayer is a good thing to learn.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”