Seroquel - anyone taking?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
cgbutterflygirl

Post by cgbutterflygirl » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:32 am

Is anyone taking Seroquel out there? My Dr. put me on it for my sleeping... I was waking up at like 4 every morning and he said it would help me sleep. Does this sound normal?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 am

I've never heard of Seroquel. Could you let me (us) know if you have success with it?

I usually wake up several times during the night. I've been taking a benedryl everynight for a long time. (My doctor knows). I may not stay asleep, but it helps me get right back to sleep when I do wake up.

I look forward to hearing if you have success!
NH Cat Lady

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:57 am

It puts you to sleep about an hour after taking it... and then you sleep pretty much through the night.
Hope this helps!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Yes, that little tiny pill will put you to sleep. Typically, I found it stopped working after a week of taking it consecutively. You must be judicious and follow your doctors RX.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:02 am

I am wondering why your doctor would prescribe Seroquel for sleeping. It is not indicated for use as a sleeping aid. It is an anti-psychotic used to treat bi-polar disorder and/or schizophrenia. My mother takes it as she has hallucinations which interferes with her sleep. If you are prone to anxiety and that it why you can't sleep, perhaps you should ask your doctor about a true sleeping aid such as rozerem, ambien, lunesta, etc. Just a suggestion.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:20 am

Hey,

I've taken it for sleep it works,try it like everything else and see how it goes !!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Flyer how are you?
I thought the same thing when my doctor gave it to me years back. I called him back to make sure he prescribed the right thing. You are right it is an antipsychiotic but it is a terrific short term sleep aid. Ambien and the other pills would not even touch my insomnia but this worked well.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:15 am

I take seroquel. It knocks me out when i take it. I'm taking 600mg.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:50 am

Originally posted by StevenFarrisOhio:
Hi Flyer how are you?
I thought the same thing when my doctor gave it to me years back. I called him back to make sure he prescribed the right thing. You are right it is an antipsychiotic but it is a terrific short term sleep aid. Ambien and the other pills would not even touch my insomnia but this worked well.
Hi Steven... I'm doing fairly well, hope to be better once this long winter season is over. I hope you are doing well. Thanks for the info. I only knew Seroquel as it was given for its intended use. However,seeing the responses I guess it has off-label uses as well. And that is super. I'm happy it works for many - good to know!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”