Anxiety and Running to the Bathroom?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
ShawnFr

Post by ShawnFr » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:26 am

Hi All:

Does anyone else feel that they are going to the bathroom (urinating) much more with anxiety? It seems this is particularly bad for me just before bed time. I must be anxious about the day ahead or something, but I am constantly up and going to the bathroom. I have had some tests done and I don't have an infection so I am wondering if this is something that may be brought on by anxiety- this is not the first time I have been up and around all night. Thanks for your replies.

Shawn

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:53 am

Yeah, that happens to me.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:11 pm

Yes, that happens to me quite often. Like the other systems aren't enough!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:56 pm

That happens to me too and when I get real bad anxiety I get stomach cramp and then diarhea. I drink a lot more water when I am nervous/anxious. Even with not drinking water I have to go often.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:06 pm

Definitely a big side effect of anxiety for me! When my anxiety was bad I had to run to the bathroom basically every hour on the hour during the day. Didn't bother me at night, Thank Goodness. But, since my anxiety has calmed down (and I have, too), I make a whole lot less trips to the bathroom. My water bill has gone down significantly! (Ha-ha-but truthful).

Take care.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:42 pm

Sounds like we all have that problem. Then we're supposed to drink more water. I end up drinking it later sometimes and then I'm running to the potty in the middle of the night. Sure don't like that. For some reason I go many times in the morning when I first get up and this includes the other too. Well, guess better to get it out than be constipated. Oh, isn't this a fun conversation.<span class="ev_code_RED">LOL</span>

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:25 pm

lololol yes a fun forum. i'm afraid to drink water before sleep time. if i get up to go at night i can't go back to sleep. i have got the food and exercise under control. BUT i still drink 12 cans of dietdew a day. carbonated drinks make me retain water. tomarrow i am supposed to go to 5dietdews and 7waters.wish me motivation :eek:anita

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Originally posted by ShawnFr:
Hi All:

Does anyone else feel that they are going to the bathroom (urinating) much more with anxiety? It seems this is particularly bad for me just before bed time. I must be anxious about the day ahead or something, but I am constantly up and going to the bathroom. I have had some tests done and I don't have an infection so I am wondering if this is something that may be brought on by anxiety- this is not the first time I have been up and around all night. Thanks for your replies.

Shawn

Yes, I definately do this when I have a major anxiety episode. It seems like I have to go every few minutes. And I get a "sick" feeling, also, like something is wrong with my kidneys or something. Maybe it is just a sick feeling from the anxiety. Anyway, as you can see, you are not alone.

Love and prayers,
Tina

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:50 pm

12 cans of Diet Dew a day. I would have enough shakes to give California the "big-one." I have these thoughts escpecially at night. Talk about bad self-talk...Do I have to go or not...ya better get up!

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:53 pm

I have had this problem since I was a kid. And when I have to go, I have to go NOW! My folks kept an old enamel potty under the front seat of the car for me, it was that bad. I was also checked by a doctor and they found nothing.

I was in a play when I was 15 and had gone to the bathroom right before we got ready for the curtain to go up. Well, in 5 minutes, I had to go again. The director said "NO WAY" and to wait until Act one was over. Well, about 10 minutes later, I had wet my pants. I was SO UPSET and she acted like it was no big deal. I had on dark brown pants and it didn't show and the audience didn't know it, but all of the cast did. I had to wear the wet stuff for the next 2 1/2 hours! I was going to go and change and go to the cast party afterward, but some of the other kids started calling me "Puddles" and I just was too humiliated to do it.

EVER since then, I have a "Plan B" for just about anywhere or any situation I am in. I also have to wear pads now as I leak at times. I am SO GLAD that I have this problem! LOL! If I am stressed, anxious or anticipating something, I am in the bathroom at least hourly until it all is over and it doesn't matter what I drink or don't drink. I try to limit my fluids if I Know something is coming up, but then still go as much. I wonder where all of the "water" comes from.

Sure glad to know it isn't just me!

Smiles, DEB

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”