just venting

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Dazed and Confused

Post by Dazed and Confused » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Lizzy,
I am experiencing very similar hypochondriac feelings as we speak. Right now I am having weird pressure on the right side of my head causing me to think it is either an aneurysm, tumor, or more likely a migraine. At moments I calm down, but other times I get these waves of panic attacks with nausea and my head feeling even more off. Obviously this isn't necessarily important, but it helps me vent.
Whenever I have anxiety attacks I always come to this forum rather than go to WebMD anymore since that just freaks me out more. Usually finding that people have the exact same symptoms as you makes you feel better (expect when you start thinking "what if" and get another wave of shaking and heart racing...fun fun fun).
I just got back from Italy a few weeks ago, and since then everything has been different, and I've noticed I've been getting a lot more "head issues." I actually do have TMJ on my left side, which freaked me out because one night it was numb so I thought I was having a stroke. Tonight my right side of my head is having issues.
I am very unhappy in the job that I am in. I just turned 26, and I feel like my life is wasting away. I want to go back to school to distract me from the monotony of my current lifestyle, but I worry that it won't be worth it. I am also in my first relationship ever, and we have been together for 5 months and still haven't had sex because I am a virgin and am really scared of it. He is the most caring and supportive guy ever and I really do love him, so that helps, but it is still another issue that I constantly think about. I think all of these triggers are leading to my overactive imagination and hypochondria right now, turning my migraine into a molehill. I actually went through the program 2 years ago and am thinking about redoing it since my panic attacks are coming back.
Beside the point. Having someone there to support you makes all the difference in the world. I realized the best way to get people to understand is first saying "This is my issue, and it is likely in my head, but I need to talk about it to make me feel better." People can appreciate it more when you own up to it being more likely anxiety than something serious. Try this approach with your husband, and he will likely show you more sympathy. As I have to tell myself right now while laying in bed having waves of anxiety...if there is something wrong there is something wrong, but I can't do anything about it now. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”