LIST YOUR SYMPTOMS & LAUGH (need feedback)

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
iamnate

Post by iamnate » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Okay, this thread is about sharing you everyday symptoms of anxiety and depression. Make a list and if you want add any extra comments at the bottom of the list. This serves as a place for people to realize that the symptoms they feel are also shared with others who have anxiety and/or depression and to make them realize that the symptoms are because of anxiety. List them from the most existing to least. Or whatever!

My list:
1.CONSTANT LIGHTHEADEDNESS/SPACED OUT FEELING
2.COLD HANDS/FEET
3.RACING HEART
4.PINS AND NEEDLES
5.FEELING FATIGUED AFTER A FULL NIGHTS REST
6.WEIGHT LOSS
7.SHORTNESS OF BREATH
8.STRANGE THOUGHTS
9.DEREALIZATION
10.CHEST PAIN
11.SHARP STOMACH PAINS
12.CONSTIPATION
13.SENSITIVITY TO HEAT
14.SEEING COLORED DOTS IN VISION
15.LEGS SPASM WHEN LYING DOWN
16.TROUBLE FALLING ASLEEP/STAYING ASLEEP/WAKING
17.TREMBLING WHEN RISING FROM SLEEP.
18.NAUSEA
19.HEART SKIPS BEATS

ect. see like that just do that and people can relate to your problems and speak out about how they feel and what they feel.

Some Rules for the Thread:
1.Be respectful of others
2.Doesn't matter about people repeating symptoms
3.Relate, Socialize, and have fun.

gina d

Post by gina d » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 am

My symptoms are:
a hot painful tingle that is mainly in my legs but sometimes spreads to my arms and face. My legs also have a horrible ache thatis worse when sitting or lying down. That scares me and makes me have a full blown panic attack with pain in my chest and my heartbeating really fast.

CLMGIRL

Post by CLMGIRL » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:28 am

(1)inner shaking(2)mind racing with thoughts and worry)(3)tension jaw,neck(4)Muscle tension spasms legs and arms(5)had skip heart beats from anxiety(6)spacy feeling and foggy feeling in mind)(7)shaking trembling feeling inside mouth

gina d

Post by gina d » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:52 am

I have noticed when you think you have some of your anxiety under control, it appears in a different form. Its almost like anxiety is a entity that trys to trick you into thinking it is something more serious. When my pain eased up in my chest the pain in my legs got worse. Does anyone else notice this about anxiety? I wish I had something funny to say about all this. I need to laugh more.

~Michelle~

Post by ~Michelle~ » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:35 am

1.Driving
2.Going Far distances
3.Feel the need to be close to a hospital just in case.. I know its silly :roll:
4.Health Obsessions, fear of sudden death another bad obsession :roll:
5.Breathing obsession
6. A Really big one for me is no Energy , feeling tired all the time and no motivation at times.
Michelle

TL7

Post by TL7 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:32 am

Hey Gina...just a thought...ever think that your pain "moves" because thats what your mind has made it do? In other words, maybe your chest pain eased up simply because you were more focused on the leg pain rather than the chest pain. I'm thinking that if you felt another pain, say in your arm and started to obsessivly think about that one, your leg pain might get better. I noticed that this is the problem with me anyways...just goes to show how much of it is purely anxiety related. Like this morning, I had chest pains...I got focused on a conversation I was having with my neighbor, they went away. When I thought hey my chest pains are gone...they started to come back. Just something to think about anyway.
"If you want it, you got it... you just have to believe....believe in yourself" Lenny Kravitz

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:04 pm

hey there gitl n guys,i'm only going to list the things that i have now. i had the big one in 1992, and the list was endless. at this time i have;
depression
lack of energy
tension in head,neck,sholders.
forget where i'm goinglolol it doesn't bother me to drive, but i bother other drivers.
lack of interest in every thing.
unexpected company- agorphobia.
small talk- gives me nervous tension.
fear of severe panic coming back.
anger.
can't consentrate.
can't make decisions.
want to be alone. anita

gina d

Post by gina d » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi TL7,
I think you are right about that. When I wake up (if I sleep), I dont have the pain right away. Then I ask myself "Is there pain in my legs today?", and sure enough I feel it comming on. If I could stop obsessing it would be helpful. I havent gotten to that lesson yet. Im thinking of skipping to it, although your not supposed to skip around.

HowsitGonnaBe

Post by HowsitGonnaBe » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:44 pm

What a fun thread :)
I love how i can relate to everyone :)
Ok here's my list...

~Painfull muscles everywhere when i wake up, its hard to move
~Heightened awareness
~Depersonalization (the kind that makes me wonder how i'm able to be living without breathing for myself and keeping me alive) in other words it pulls me out of subconcious survival
~Scary perspectives (and combine that with heightened awareness, thats pure torture
~Derealization
~Woozy head feeling
~Confusion
~Trouble using words (due to my A.D.D )
~Overwhelmingness
~Shortness of breath
~Stomach pains, chest pains
~Sinus headaches (not sure if thats anxiety related)
~Heart palps, (and funny feelings that last for hours with the heart, like not beathing right)
~Shyness
~Worrying
~Lack of motivation
~OCD with worrying
~Over thinking (were talkin to the extreme and beyond
~Feelings of fading
~Feeling like I'm dying
~Less of identity and loss of self (Dp)
~Feelingof loss of control
~Loss of confidence
~Hypochondria
~Weak

I could probably go through the whole alphabet :)
Happy Perspectives!

~Me~

Chucked

Post by Chucked » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:53 pm

Here's my list of characters that wait to meet me each day. I don't usually have all at once, they like to have their own special time for me to focus on them. But I've got at least a couple of these all the time. When I seem to get one under control, one takes it's place. The the cycle starts over at the top of the list. My main problem is the balance/woozy feeling and the feeling of incredibly drowsiness. It's not due to mediciation. I don't take anything. But at times I feel as though I'm just going to fall into a coma. Anyone else ever have that? It makes me panic because no matter how I try to shake it and wake myself up, it hangs on. I rarely ever sleep from it, but I do lay down because I can't function during that time. It's like I'm drugged.

(1) Woozy - off balance all the time
(2) Sleepy all the time
(3) Stomach tension
(4) Can't get a deep breath
(5) Hot flashes
(6) Cold chills
(7) Night sweats
(8) Frequent urination
(9) Weight Loss
(10) Nausea
(11) Bloated all the time
(12) Pressure in or around head and eyes