What are your scariest/most negative thoughts??

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Everyone:
My fears are not as great as they used to be.
Time has seemed to take care of some things.

My present fears:
l. afraid I'll get that light-headed, spacy-dizzy feeling.
2. Afraid I might get anxiety while driving.
3.Afraid that I'll never get organized and keep my apartment really nice. Yes, this worries me a lot. And fearful that I won't sleep.
Mary Jane

Zoe_M

Post by Zoe_M » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:54 pm

To me, anxiety = fear. All fears are equally as scary to the sufferer. Lucinda does a top 10 most common fears associated with this bad habit of trumping a fear. That's all we have really done. We have learned and made a habit of trumping one fear with another until we scare ourselves with it.

I understand it's neat to understand what fears are associated with peoples anxiety, but I think it is equally good to know the best way to overcome them. Since anxiety has been around since the beginning of time, I don't think there is a magic one button solution. God knows and we ourselves know the answer. We use this deflector habit to avoid our true feelings of our self. I believe that we learn how to live without fear by working through this bad habit.

Zoe

rockyranger90

Post by rockyranger90 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:08 pm

My top 3 scariest thoughts are:

1)Getting a deadly illness or disease

2)The feelings of anxiety/panic never leaving (physical symptoms - depersonalization, light headedness, loss of appetite, vision problems, etc...)

3)Me or another family member dying

ll Legend ll

Post by ll Legend ll » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:51 pm

1. Death and or Dying from something "annoying".
2. " "
3. " "

ll Legend ll

Post by ll Legend ll » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:59 pm

PS: I do not take anything, etc

My anxiety levels are almost non-existence, but during my first trauma experience, I was very anxious, but time is the best healer along with knowledge and venting.

emmypie

Post by emmypie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:05 am

Wow! I found people that have similar negative thoughts that I do, the one where you fear that people will think you are weird or odd. I deal with anxiety and depression on and off. When I am in the midst of an anxiety/depressive episode, I have that obsessive thought, worrying if people think I'm weird/odd. When I'm not depressed or anxious, which is most of the time, I'm perfectly comfortable socializing. Just wanted to share that. It's a relief to know that you're not alone. I always thought I was the only one who had those same thoughts.

woodbridge

Post by woodbridge » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 am

Hello,

My top fear provoking thoughts.

1. My boss is coming over for dinner. (lol)
2. The fear of hyperventilating.
3. The fear of losing my mind.
4. The fear of fear

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Top fears

1) a fear of failure (not getting everything right.)

2) a fear of losing my mind.

3) a fear that I'll live the last half of my life the way the first half was lived.

4) a fear that I'll always be walked on.

5) a fear that I'll lose everything.

6) a fear that I'll never get a good night's sleep.

I could go on........

mtdeffend

Post by mtdeffend » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:41 am

Funny how similar everyone's top worries are! Some of them I was sure I was the only one worrying about that! Here are my top 3....

1. Not being good enough (Mom,wife,employee, etc.....)

2. Losing everything.

3. Going crazy.

Brandi Menifee

Post by Brandi Menifee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:26 am

My three most scariest have been:

Will I ever be normal again/the roller coaster stop?

Am I going to die soon of an illness/heart attack?

Will I ever get out of financial debt/stop unnecessary spending/why can't I save money?

From negative to positive:

I have gotten through this before, I just need to work on my positive skills again, it will pass.

I am not going to die, I've been checked by several doctors, I am fine, it is just anxiety! God has told me that I am going to be fine, just lean on him!

Look into ways to make more money, look into ways of getting out of debt, and staying out of debt. Save a little, act like it doesn't exsist. Ask for financial advice from a positive source.

It's not easy turning some of the negatives to positives, but we just have to to get where we want to be comfortably. Body, mind, and soul.
bloveholt

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”