Question for 30-something ladies

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Bevee

Post by Bevee » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:02 am

First of all, I want to say that I will go to the doctor if this issue doesn't resolve or if I'm still concerned. I am a military spouse and my husband just returned from a six month deployment. We are moving from Hawaii back to the mainland in just over a week. All of that has my anxiety level at an all time high even though I'm really happy and excited. This is the problem: My Period. It was one week late and not totally like "normal" ones for me. Around that time I noticed I had missed 2 BCPs in a row (3rd week). During this time I have had bleeding but not super heavy, just enough to scare me. I currently have what I think is my normal period that would have come if I hadn't missed pills. I guess my body and hormones know the time. This is probably way too much information so I'll get to my main concern. I basically have an irregular period and I am feeling a lot of stress because of this big change in our lives. Because of my anxiety issues my first instinct is to think that I'm going to die from this. I am almost 37 years old and my mom said that at my age she was beginning premenopause. I do have a lot of those symptoms, however I take BCPs. If anyone can shed some light, please share. Thank you.

Renegade43402

Post by Renegade43402 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:33 am

your dr. can do a blood test to see if you are perimenopause. But you might need to quit the pill to get an accurate test.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:41 am

I would have to agree with rose.. My period has been screw up for almost a year now late and werid things happens. I am 34 yrs old I had the feeling I am just preimenopause anyway I should have ask doctor for blood test. But from what you describe its possible its preimenopuase.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:26 am

Thank you for your responses. I will see the doc once we are transferred and settled. I feel so silly for crying about a period.

Angla

Post by Angla » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm not sure about the perimenapause thing but wanted to give you encouragement on your PCS to the mainland. My husband is a Marine and we spent almost 6 years in Hawaii. Just moved a year ago to California. My panic attacks and anxiety although I've always been a nervous or uneasy person came to a head during my husband's 1st deployment to Iraq.

I got the program and was literally cured. Not until this year did I need to go back through the program. I am now ready to go back to a therapist to get back to where I was. It has nothing to do with the move but everything to do with how I'm talking to myself.

You can do this!!!! You will get settled into a house and into a routine that is all yours and everything will be fine. Take care, smell a plumeria lei for me! I miss Hawaii so much! Aloha!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:09 pm

Thank you, K. This is the retirement move for us so I am very excited but anxious of course. Everytime we transfer my anxiety gets almost overwhelming. I have a different problem each time. Whatever is going on now is definately weird but I'll get through it. We'll finally be moving into our own home and if we move again it will be our choice. Your message reminded me to put away the violins and stop and smell the plumeria. They're all in full bloom, so it is nice. Thank you for encouraging me. Also, I have to say thank you and your husband for what you do for our country.

Healing In Process

Post by Healing In Process » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:45 am

Hi, I had to send you a private message because first and foremost, I can totally relate. Last Sept, I missed some of my BCP and boy it really screwed up my hormones- BAD. I never had any anxiety like I have now before the BCP oops. Anyway, My periods were way off and so they wanted to check me for thyroid probs and glucose levels and all that, meanwhile they switched my BCP to a different kind and MAN did that really screw me up so much that in 2 weeks I had my 1st full blown panic attack and then this disorder just spiralled with all the anticipation about when the next one would be and what was wrong with me, etc... you know. Thank Goodness I found this program to help me out cause all they wanted to do was throw me and anxiety and depressant meds. So, just a couple weeks ago, someone asked a question (here) about BCP and someone else suggested a web site for hormonal imbalances. Since I finally put together the main start of my anxiety was hormonal imbalance I ran to it. You've got to check it out, it's called womentowomen.com and it is full of stuff for every woman. It's based in Maine and became so popular they've developed the website to help women everywhere. They help treat women's hormonal imbalances naturally with vitamins and other supplements if needed. So, I was completely hormonally screwed up and still am, and I am perimenopausal which can hit women in their mid-twenties. They have so much insight on women- it's really a muxt see. Even though I cannot afford it, I ordered their vitamins (which are the best money can buy) and I started taking them yesterday. A nurse educator called me directly and helped me to make a plan on how to take them slowly, easing into them and so far, I feel fine. One of my big scary things is taking pills, so this is a triumph for me. The symptoms for hormonal imbalance and anxiety and depression are extremly simular. I will post this to the forum as well, so if other ladies look in they can go to the site to. Good luck and if you have any other questions about the site pm me. p.s. I'm 32, thought you might want to know! :)
Keep on, keeping on...

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 pm

Staying Positive.....

I would love to speak to you my aim is cherhere24 if you do not have that my e-mail is cherhere24@AOL.COM

I am TERRIFIED of taking pills.... I need to take vitamins and allergy medication and I can't take either i cant even do antibiotics!!!!!
I would like to speak to you about that.. I need to do something, but the fear is still in control!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”