Mind and Body symptoms due to anxiety and panic. Check it out!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Chai

Post by Chai » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Shifra
Since the last post I learned some techniques that seems to help me whith the head shaking when I'm nervous.

Do you still get them? what has been helpful to you?

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Chai it hasn't happened for a long time for me. Do share your technique though you never know when it might come in handy!
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Bump

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:56 pm

bumping it up for some friends who wanted to read this and couldn't find it. Thanks
:)

tigerfan

Post by tigerfan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi Jill, with all due respect I agree with you about all these symptoms of Anxiety issues, but these are also symptoms of over 100 plus disorders or illnesses. I have Diabetes as well as Anxiety disorder. Doctor has diagnosed me with neuropathy which includes at least half of the symptoms you have listed. But you are right on and we all need to take a good look at this list and deal with our problems. Once again well thought out Post.

Thank-You for opening several eyes!

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Hello Tigerfan
I actually copied this list from an earlier post of a woman named Cinny and she gathered the information. I know that there are many other actual illnesses and diseases that have these same symptoms, theres no doubt about it. But when the majority of us with panic and anxiety have these same exact symptoms..whats the common denominator? Panic and anxiety. It's not bad or evil or awful its just how we try to cope. Anyway I see alot of myself on this list and it helped me tremendously.
Take care
Jill~
:)
Last edited by jillzmind on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:06 am

The way to know if it's panic or anxiety and not a symptom of disease, it should go away or change after a few days or maybe just a few hours.

When you are looking at diseases these symptoms are constant and don't ever go away. That's when you check things out. As panic, anxiety and depression tend to waver, so do the symptoms.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:17 am

excellent point Shif Thank You. It's like that stomach ache that made me run home ,that I was sure was illness , remarkably leaves me when I got to my so called "safe place". All done, compliments of my over active imagination
:p
yikes

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:36 am

I noticed that Heart Palpitations is on many postings as a scary symptom. It is on this list of some of the things that Anxiety does to us, and we do to ourselves with our scary obsessive thoughts. It's so very hard to grasp that we could be causing ourselves so much pain doesn't it? But the same powerful suggestive mind we have can also be suggestive for positive as well, when we learn to refocus and regroup.
Take care, this too shall pass!

Jill~

cuttingirl

Post by cuttingirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm

This is a wonderful thread, seriously, it reminds me that I am causing all of this and that I can stop it with work and help and support. Right now, I'm suffering with the fatigue, overwhelm, dizziness, and the suffocation sensations in a backdrop of chronic upper respiratory illness and a skin rash (finally going away) all due to the unrelenting torture of negative obsessive thinking spinning out of control... it's SOOOOO hard to get a grip! Almost impossible, like the feeling of being trapped in concrete. The negative-positive dialoguing is one of the only things that helps, that and tlc from friends. Thank God for the program, for this message board, and for validation and support.
"I have lived a horrible life, none of which has actually happened"-Winston Churchill

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”