Mind and Body symptoms due to anxiety and panic. Check it out!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
coachchris

Re: Mind and Body symptoms due to anxiety and panic. Check i

Post by coachchris » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Coach Chris here :) These are the ABC's I teach in coaching. They are a bit easier to remember than the 6 steps and are useful when managing uncomfortable sensations coming from all of the adrenalin.

A-Accepting and Acknowledging the Adrenalin: There is no need to fight or fear it. Try and float.
B-Breathing: Use your 2-4 belly breathing taught in the relaxation cd. Breathing helps you to float.
C-Comforting, Calming and Compassionate selftalk: Create 5 truthful statements you can repeat here.
D-Distraction: Tune into other sensory experiences going on around you. What are 5 things you are hearing, 5 objects you are touching, 5 things around you that are purple.

Practice, practice, practice:)

If you have questions on this just private message me.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris

bradley1960

Post by bradley1960 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you Jillzmind. This list reminded me to count my blessings. As I began recognizing symptoms I still experience , I also realized there were many I hadn't felt in a long time. Rather than feeling bad about the symptoms I still have I had to smile when I realized the progress I had made. The symptoms I had overcome. That in turn gave me a confident feeling about my current practices to keep moving forward with this program. You changed the world today by making a difference in some one elses life.... mine. :D

Lucille24

Post by Lucille24 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 pm

I FEEL LIKE SOMETIMES I'M NOT IN CONTROL WITH REALITY LIFE REPLY

CarolMoore

Post by CarolMoore » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:52 am

The symptoms of anxiety that are mentioned here can be helpful to identify this problem at an early stage. Many people are now living a stressful life, so it is important to know such symptoms and get it treated.

bradley1960

Post by bradley1960 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:53 pm

I post this reply in hopes that with this new response many new to this site will read Jills post and the related conversation and realize that no matter how old the thread it is worthy of our reading. If you are on this site you can relate in some way to one or more of these symptoms. And you will see that we cause these symptoms by our own thoughts. The human body cannot tell the difference between a real current threat and a clearly imagined threat. When you realize the power of your own mind you can then change the outcome by what you think. Do not ignore session one even if you have been researching anxiety and depression on your own for years. May all who read find Peace, thankfulness and recovery in your quest for personal improvement.

hope11

Post by hope11 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:09 pm

After reading the post Jill wrote many, many times, I see the one where your head tingles. Does anyone else out there have that problem. It is driving me crazy the past few weeks. Now the doctors think I may be trying to have seizures or something so I have to be tested for that and really don't want to go through anything else. Please let me know if you have ever had this feeling. Thanks

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Hope, my head used to tingle,kinda felt like it was crawling before i would have an attack and sometimes when i was calm. I didnt see a doctor but it was still kinda scary.if it scares you and is causing alot of anxiety maybe have the tests.at least you will know. sometimes that will give you peace of mind. good luck and good thoughts. :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 am

Okay, does ANYONE else have anxiety at the dentist !
This is something very new to me. I had a full blown
panic attack at the dentist last year ( I felt like
I could not swallow ). I even had to tell
the dentist and the hygienist that I was having a panic
attack ( how embarrassing ). When the hygienist is
walking me to the dental chair she always asks me
"how are you". My immediate response is "terrified".
I think that the first time I answered that question
so honestly that they did not know how to react !
The last time I was in the dental chair I had sweaty
palms for the whole entire hour. This is honestly
becoming a major issue because I have needed a lot
of dental work during the past six months.
I recently got prescribed a small amount of Clonazepam,
which I am taking every day. So maybe this medication
will help me during my next dental visit in June 2014.

Lynda Lu

carrieiris

Post by carrieiris » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello, my name is Carrie and this is my first time on this site. I have extreme panic disorder and it seems to only revolve around my bodily function. I have these strange head aches and it sometimes feels as if my head squeaks when I move it.. I feel like I only have panic attacks because I have alot of physical symptoms. I am going through the anxiety program and seeing a therapist. But I am at the point where it is hard to eat without getting anxiety and a struggle to even do the simplist things like take a shower I am progressing every day and I'm very hopefully that I will overcome this soon.its taking control of my life and I just want to be happy and make the people I love happy too. Any advice? Thank you so much. I would appreciate all the feedback I can get :)

randy c.

Post by randy c. » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi Carrie, welcome to the program. My health was always a big worry for me. It got to where all I did was obsess over it. But when I started the program I learned it was all part of anxiety. I think your in the right place. Use the forums and stop by the chat room for support.Be sure to keep a journal because it really does work. You might not think it now, but this is an exiting time for you. You will know what I mean in a few weeks and whatever you do,dont quit. Good luck and post your progress. Relax and laugh at yourself a little,ITS JUST ANXIETY :) :) :)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”