Anyone else afraid to eat?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:54 am

I, too, have this fear off and on. It started a few years ago when I was all of a sudden allergic to shrimp. Never had an issue with it before, then one time eating it I broke out and hive, haven't been able to eat is since. I tend to be a tad paranoid with anything seafood because you never know when they'll sneak in a shrimp or shrimp broth in on you. Deep breathing and positive self talk helps me with this. Like two weeks ago, for an example, I got a pasta dish that had salmon in it and they said a cream sauce. Well, when I got it, it was pink in color so I slowly began to freak. I had to keep telling myself that I needed to calm down, that if there is shrimp in it, I have my benedryl with me, and if I keep stressing out about it, I'm going to cause hives regardless. I got mind mind off it, and never did break out so it must not have had shrimp in it...but you get the gist of the story.

At any rate, this is no different than any other anxiety symptom...sucks while you are having it, you think it can't possibly be anxiety, you get fed up, then get over it...because you are strong enough to do so. At least that is my normal series of events. I sure hope you feel better soon!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”