thinking of doing program again

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
newrunner

Post by newrunner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:34 am

I have had the tape series a few years, and am still working on stuff. I feel like I know the tapes by heart, and so am not learning from them. Has anyone else ordered the CD series? Is it the same as tapes maybe 4 years old? Has anyone done the series more than once??

cricket

Post by cricket » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:02 pm

I wonder the same thing. I have the tapes, from about 2 years ago...have things been updated?
Kristen L. Baker
www.masteryourgoals.com

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:29 pm

I just ordered the program in December. I think the workbook is different. Instead of one big workbook for all of the sessions, they're broken down into 4 sessions in each workbook.

So far the CD's first start with either Lucinda or Lucinda and Dr. Fischer (I think that's his name) discussing what a panic attack is and the symptoms of one. Sessions 3 and 4 begin with just Lucinda talking. Session 5 is both again. After about 20-30 minutes of this, the CD starts with the group session. I think that's the part that has been more updated. Then there are the Coaching DVD's (or VHS tapes), a pep talk from Lucinda for each session. The relaxation CD is pretty much the same. Then there's a start-up DVD and a CD that loved ones can listen to, to better help them understand what we are going through.

I would call the StressCenter.com to see if they can tell you about the updates - they may even provide the updates for free/a small fee. :)

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 am

LisaGD-

Is this the first time you have gotten the materials, or is it a re-order for you?
I was digging thru my old box of stuff and found a 2-tape set for "on the go" listening. (after 4 years :) ) I am part way thru and it's so great to hear the same message in different words. Sometimes it sinks in better or maybe I'm more open. I feel like I'm in a growth spurt or something. Changing hormones for me and my little boys are growing up and changing themselves. Now we have bickering and mood swings in them and my perfectionism wants to control it. Silly me- they have to learn too, and fortunately I'm around so I can coach them thru it. I didn't have that when I grew up and I think it would have helped me.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:40 am

I am doing the program for a second time and my tapes are the original ones from 20 years ago.

I contacted the Stress Centre to inquire whether I needed to buy the latest version of the program, and this was the response:

Hello,
The materials have been updated, but the content remains the same.
The program you have would still work.
Let me know if you have other questions-
Darla

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:41 am

I am wanting to restart the program. I would like to have a partner to talk with while going thru it. I have friends that are very supportive, but do not completely understand. Would someone be willing to be a "buddy" thru this where we could kind of hold each other "accountable" for staying on track? Thanks! kathy

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:26 am

Hello there, I am also wanting to do the program again. I had done it completely a couple of years ago and had great success but the anxiety and panic have come back and I need a buddy to be accountable to while i rework the program. If you are in you 1st 2nd or 3rd week i could jump in with you, just let me know. Maybe we could set aside an hour in the evening a couple of days a wekk to do it together. We could do our lessons and homework and then talk to each other afterward.
looking for to hearing from you
Lori

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”