green tea instead of coffee?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Wow, thanks not!
You even found my local stores we shop at. Thats sooo awsome!!!!
You have been sooo helpful. :D
What do you suggest, the bottles or tea bags?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:44 am

Definetly the bottles.
Your welcome!
ENJOY!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:53 am

green tea has alot of caffiene in it. Black tea is better. I drink decaf english breakfast or decaf green tea.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 am

hey :cool:

I buy whole wheat or whole grain from Wonder Bread. Any kind of Jam works as long as it's sugar free. I personally like strawberry :)

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi goob!!! :D

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.One more question, how long before bed do you eat this?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Not,

I recently saw a write up on white tea. Its supposed to be amazing! Although Green Tea is super healthy for you as well; it seems that the White Tea is supposed to be even better for you health wise.

dlcottage

Post by dlcottage » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Hello Marinella,
Apparently I must be big on posting articles because I sure do it enough, but here is a great one on the differences between green tea and white tea.

By now, a lot of people around the world have heard of green tea and its high content of antioxidants. More and more health-conscious people are making the enjoyment of green tea a part of their daily routine. It's easy to understand why, green tea contains antioxidants in high concentrations, it tastes good is low in calories and it has a low content of caffeine. The popularity of green tea is rapidly growing.

But there is another wave of tea on the horizon, and this time it's white. White tea is tea leaves that are picked before they open fully, when the buds are still covered in fine, white hairs. That, of course, is why it's called "white" tea.

When discussing white tea versus green tea, it is important to realize that they both come from the same plant, the tea plant Camellia sinensis. The main difference between the two types of tea is that the white tea leaves are harvested at a younger age than the green tea leaves. They both undergo very little processing. White tea is not fermented at all, while green tea is partly fermented. By contrast, black tea is fully fermented. Because they are so gently treated, white tea and green tea retain their content of beneficial antioxidants where as black tea does not.

However, studies have shown that the young, white tea leaves retain antioxidants in higher concentrations than green tea does. Studies have shown that white tea has a concentration of antioxidants that is three times higher than in green tea. Essentially, white tea contains the same concentrations of antioxidants as the young and fresh tea leaf buds that are still attached to the bush. This makes white tea the tea with the highest antioxidant content, which for many is the main reason for drinking white tea. For comparison, one cup of white tea contains approximately twelve (12) times as much antioxidants as fresh orange juice.

Now go brew some tea everyone ;) (white tea that is)

Zoogirl

Post by Zoogirl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Heyyy :D

I usually have the toast about an hour or half hour before I go to sleep along with a hot cup of chamomile tea with just one sugar.

Let me know if you notice any changes!

And just yesterday I started making smoothies for breakfast. What a refreshing way to start the day! I used a little bit of soy milk, 3 strawberries, 1 banana, 1 kiwi and 3 ice cubes. Tomorrow I am going to try 1 apple and a strawberry. Mangos are also VERY refreshing in the morning. I'll keep you updated with any other things I experiment with :)
"The difficulties do not continue forever, yet the value of making it through them will always be yours."

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Hey not! :D

You are so full of info, I love it!!!!

When it comes to white tea, is it just as good hot as it it cold?

I'm going to have my boyfriend get some for me this weekend, and have used green tea instead of coffee in the morning for two weeks now. Would like to try the white tea(like you told me before you said the bottles were the best) Are the tea bags good for hot tea? I also love to drink cold tea(I always use my tea maker to brew up cold tea). I think i may try the bottles first for cold tea, but for hot not sure what to do.

I hope this all makes sence to you cuz I seem to be just rambleing on. I just always love to here your input. :)
Thanks, your little italy!! ;)

robin D

Post by robin D » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:44 am

little italy,

Tough to answer (well no not really but) I like the Lipton white tea in the bottles because of the raspberry flavor. When you brew either green tea or white tea it just seems to me like there isn't much flavor, but it sure sounds like you enjoy green tea so I am sure you will love the white as well. I would think though, and am not sure on this, that the tea probably loses some of it's potency just through the heating process, but probably not enough to even worry about. So to make a really really long story short how about having them both. :D

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”