involuntary teeth chattering

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
CLMGIRL

Post by CLMGIRL » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:58 am

involuntary teeth chattering is it part of anxiety? for about three years i get
involuntary teeth chattering i notice i clinch my jaws and i have alot of pain in my jaw at times along with inner nervousness and scary thoughts.

ShawnFr

Post by ShawnFr » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Hi There:

Yes, this is a big problem for me as well- biting my inner cheeks, grinding my teeth etc. My jaw does get sore as do parts of my neck on one side where I tend to trend during sleep. The best solution for this is probably a mouth guard. The guard will absorb much of the shock and you can grind away all night if you wish. This is definitely a sympton of anxiety. I hope your jaw gets better!

Shawn

rollercoater32

Post by rollercoater32 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Hey.
I know exactly what you mean. For me it started as I would lay on my back and try and drift off. As soon as I would get very relaxed my teeth would come together and wake me up completely. I use a mouthguard and it atleast protects my teeth, tho the chattering and clenching is still consistent. Anxiety!

dentaladvisor2009

Post by dentaladvisor2009 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:59 am

Originally posted by CLMGIRL:
involuntary teeth chattering is it part of anxiety? for about three years i get
involuntary teeth chattering i notice i clinch my jaws and i have alot of pain in my jaw at times along with inner nervousness and scary thoughts.
Have you thought about using a mouth guard? I would recommend checking out mouth guards from this online provider called "TotalGard" .. you can google them. They take care of patients with teeth grinding/jaw clenching issues. They are not expensive either .. I hope this helps!

- Dave

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”