The Sopranos

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Frankie's mom

Post by Frankie's mom » Mon May 01, 2006 4:13 am

I just have a question... how come on the show The Sopranos they always show either Tony or now his son AJ have a panic attack and faint??? I have always been afraid of fainting (even though I never have and I've suffered from anxiety for about 13 years) Also, everything about anxiety says you won't faint because of the rise in blood pressue! It just gets me crazy...does anyone agree???

Donna

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 5:56 am

They need the drama, it make things interesting. People then start to speculate what happened, what it really a panic attack, heart attack. Oh the drama, keep us imterested and coming back for more, doesn't it?

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 7:44 am

I agree with you and I also fear fainting in public eventhough I never have.
Just this morning I went grocery shopping and my heart was pounding and I felt dizzy and weird all because I was afraid that I would faint and of course I didn't.
Andrea

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 7:44 am

FM,
I wondered the same dang thing! My husband asked me if I have ever fainted when I had a panick attack...I think he was concerned about the kids being alone with me. I assured him that all is just fine and that I am not a fainter..and that I wasn't real sure why the fabricate it..I will have to agree with sm and say it is for the drama.
I am a HUGE Sopranos fan too so I was tickled to see that lastnight. Even Gangstas have panic attacks!
Here's to HBO beafn' it up!
Yorkie

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 8:13 am

I'm glad you guys agree with me... the drama of it all!!! Too bad they couldn't just have them feel dizzy, heart pound and breathe fast without passing out so the people with the real anxiety don't need to get freaked out by it!! Hahaha.... Like I said, Fainting has always been a fear for me so when I see them make the "gangstas" faint.. I say oh no!! It's amazing how sensitive we can be. I once had a major panic attack this past summer when I was watching Six Feet Under and Nate collapsed from the AVM. I tell you, it's amazing how powerful the mind is, isn't it??? Thanks you guys.

Donna

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 10:25 am

That's so funny you mentioned The Sopranos because I just started watching season 1 and I wondered the exact same thing!! I fear fainting since I fainted twice as a child though never have as an adult. I've read that panic attacks do not cause fainting and I was confused when I saw the episodes where Tony falls over and faints! I thought, oh no, it is possible! haha but now I know it's just hollywood, they need the drama for the show.

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 12:19 pm

I knew AJ was going through a panic attack.
I never fainted from a panic or anxiety attack.

Post by Guest » Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 pm

he faints because he too darn fat. thats why.

Hope7

Post by Hope7 » Mon May 01, 2006 3:12 pm

LOL I actually will faint, I think its the adreniline, because its like way to much, and feel nauseated and I'll pass out if I don't lie down. This usually happens when I injure myself or it I work out too hard. I fear it because its emabarrasing and I have peed myself! The HORROR!

FB

Hally

Post by Hally » Mon May 01, 2006 3:30 pm

FM~ I see you and I are HBO Original Series Junkies!! I too was a HUGE Six Feet Under fan..killer ending, it was awesome.
I am sure that AJ will end up doing breathing excsises b/f the end of the season..can you just see him with a walkman on..ha-ha! I'd love to see that!
Two paths diverged in a yellow wood.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”