Racing horrible thoughts / scary at times!!!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
tpagano

Post by tpagano » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:27 pm

I have the same thoughts some times along with ohter feelings of problems wrong with me. I think that im gonne die but then i consatantly worry abiut other people as well and it gets in my haed until i start to panic. I worry that some people i see may have no friends and i feel extremely bad for them again to the point where i upset myself. Not to tell you all my problems but maybe it will help to know that i am just as bad.

linder

Post by linder » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:19 am

To gator and everyone else who has posted in this thread, I can relate to what you are all saying and just want to tell you to never fear!

I went through the program about 3 years ago and obsessive/scary/what if thinking, was my number 1 issue. The first thing you should know is that you will never act on your scary thoughts, this cannot be stated enough...the fact that these thoughts cause you fear is not necessarily a bad thing because it should prove to you that you would never act on them. However, because you are afraid of these thoughts, it drives your anxiety so its the good ole catch 22.

As hard as it might be (and I know it is), just accept the thoughts for what they are, just thoughts. The more you accept them the more they become a nuisance as opposed to a fear. In time, you will become bored of them and will wake up one morning and forget all about these thoughts, and because you aren't afraid of them anymore they will not cause you anxiety. BELIEVE THIS. You will learn more about this way of thinking as you go through the program, so just be patient. And never underestimtate the power of smiling and laughing...its still ok to do both no matter how you feel :)

Always remember, while negative thinking is a bad habit, positive thinking can just as easily become a good one!

gator

Post by gator » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:49 am

Thanks to all that posted...it is a GREAT help knowing that I am NOT alone, and some of the symptoms described here are EXACTLY what I am feeling. It is good to know that I now have a diagnosis of what this is, and what i need to do to get rid of it. I am delighted to know that i am not alone here, and more importantly I AM NOT GOING CRAZY!!!! ..thanks again. will def keep checking back and getting feedback from you all if thats ok...what a HUGE help....

thanks, cant stress (no pun intended) that enough!!!

pwsongman

Post by pwsongman » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:56 am

hi...everyone, i read all of your posts and i also have the same problem...i have been diagonsed with ocd and am having terrible thoughts about hurting myself and it worries me that my mind will convince me that i wil want to...i dont know how to get rid of this thought and need all the help i can get. i get up just about every morning feeling like this and it lasts almost the whole day....if anybody can give me suggestions on how to deal with this i would greatly appriciate it.

gator

Post by gator » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:10 am

here is what i have done...first, i was SO Glad to hear that others have the same thoughts that i do, and that kind of relieved me!. Now, when i have a thought like that i just IMMEDIATELY force myself to think of something else, happy. Family, friends, work, whatever...just force yourself to think of something else. I have found there are long periods of time, and i actually think, "hey, i have not had any bad thoughts in a long time"...so that is good. but when they come, just think or do something else that takes your mind in a COMPLETELY different direction..that should help..i know it is scary, REALLY scary at times. Just remember you DONT really want to hurt yourself, you are just obsessing on certain thoughts....thats it, nothing more, nothing less...Good luck, and keep in touch on here, let us know how you are doing/feeling.

pwsongman

Post by pwsongman » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:18 am

thanks for your reply....i am really trying to do things to keep my mind off this but it just seems like no matter what i do nothing keeps the thoughts away....i am on medication for it, and my family is trying to get me help with the right doctors. i have started to read and listen to this program and i hope it helps. i am just so worried that my mind will convince of this and i kep trying to tell myself i dont want to but it just dosent seem to help it. it is so diffucult to focus on anything. i will keep in contact and i hope you will with me to.

deeman

Post by deeman » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:09 am

Welcome gator you are right about something you are not alone, You have all the friends you won't to talk to anytime. As far as the program i am on lession 10 and it is great. So when ever you feel like talking just drop a line. god bless and be strong

deeroad

Post by deeroad » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:16 am

Along with this program, you may want to try the Book STOP OBSESSING by Reid Wilson, OH, and accept the thoughts, let them be there. If you try to resist them or ignore them, they keep coming back stronger and you're feeding them! Accept, let them know that they're ok to be there and they'll go away easier, so then just distract yourself by doing something else.
Hope this helps!
deeroad

hollywoodboi1

Post by hollywoodboi1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 am

Sorry if this a stupid question, but what is this program everyone keeps talking about it.
This is my first time on this board and I cannot tell you how relieved I am that I'm not the only one with these thoughts, just knowing that i feel so much better. I was so depressed, now i feel like i can relax a little.
Hollywoodboi1

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”