Setback....need a quick fix

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
vahorsegirl

Post by vahorsegirl » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:15 am

So I did the program a year ago...all was going well for a couple of months. Come to find out this January my father-in-law was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. I was still able to handle my anxiety. However in the past month, a friend died in a tragic accident, my father-in-law has been put into hospice and my anxiety has reared its ugly head again. I don't know what to do, I just want to get the anxiety monster to leave me alone again. Any suggestions? I don't really want to go back to the medications I sparingly took before, but I don't know if that would be best. Anyone have suggestions? I know that any person would be stressed in this situation and I'm just more sensitive to it, but I just really want help..

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:03 am

Dear vahorsegirl,
I am soooo sorry that you have been going through soooo much!!! No wander you are stressed...This is sooooo normal!!!

I say write, write and then write some more!!! Practice your deep breathing and listen to something relaxing throughout your days!!!

If you are a Christian, read your Bible and pray, since, this helps soooo much!!!

Hang in there!!! You are human and you are going through a very difficult time and of course, you need to take out some time to take extra care for your own self!!!

Go to a spa...Google relaxing things on the internet...Listen to your relaxation CD, journalize and do your deep breathing exercises!!!

I pray this helped!!! During stressful times, it also helps us to reach out and help others, since, this makes us feel great on the inside!!!

Have a great day!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm

I've heard that coming off meds is just as bad as the anxiety itself. I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on. You need to take all of this one day at a time. There's not much of a point going more than that. No one knows how much time we have left, so as Ms. T Bones says "Live each day as though it were your last". As far as going back on the meds though, try going without. Talk with your Dr. if the panic sticks around.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:26 am

Keep hanging in there.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”