I don't know how to start a journal

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Your welcome "eu"

I'm still struggling and still have not started my journal yet, but hope to be able to start soon. And yes Goob & not have been so helpful. :)
I need to keep reading their posts to get me motivated(spelling??).
Thanks for all the helpful info!!!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:47 am

You spelled correctly :)

Getting back to the wheat bread and sugar free jam before bed - I usually eat 2 slices about 30-45 min before I get ready to settle down for the night. I also drink a hot cup of chamomile tea (decaf) with one sugar. The herbs in Chamomile promote sleep.

In ragards to the journal - the packet says to write every day if we can. However, there are many days when I don't write because I don't have much to say. When I get the urge to write, it's because I am able to list my accmplishments, write poems, or continue to add to my list of all my blessings.

I posted a poem I wrote in January but was not ready to share it with anyone until about 2 weeks ago. Check it out. It's posted in the first forum category. Maybe it will inspire you or trigger some ideas for you to write about. :)

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:52 am

P.S.

When I get stumped on writing but I feel the need to express something or anything I am feeling, I turn to magazines, newspapers, images of things I like on google, etc, cut them out and tape them in my journal. From quotations, to something that made me laugh, to anything that can speak for me when I cannot get the words out. So when u cannot think of anyhing to actually write, cut out pictures, print out song lyrics to your favorite songs, google inspirational quotes and print out ones that touch you. Don't put so much pressure on yourself and the pen. There are many ways to express what you are feeling.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:57 am

Writing has, in the past, helped me immensely. One thing to remember when writing, it doesn't have to all be "negative" writing. I write about how pretty the weather is, how I saw the cutest little puppy, just anything positive to throw in with the negative emotions I feel. It seems to help offset the negative and remind me that all of life isn't bad! Does that make sense?

It does, however, help to also get out so many things that I wouldn't dare share with friends or family, and that feels so good. My journal is truly my best friend; doesn't talk back and it certainly doesn't judge!

I urge you to get started!!

:)

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 am

Hi SeeBee!!!
I know i need to get started, so my goal is to start on Monday. Better late then never! :) Thanks for your reply!!!!

Hi Goob!!!
Thanks again for more great info. I like the idea of cutting out different things and adding them to the journal. I think that will really help me. I will be looking for your poem now. I can't wait to read it!!! :)

Zoe_M

Post by Zoe_M » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Hey Goob!!! :)

I found your poem and left you a reply on that page.
I just want everyone who reads this post to please go find Goobers poem(it's under the topic "writing what has been stuck inside") and read it!!!
It's something I will never forget!!!
VERY INSPERATIONAL!!!!!! :D
Last edited by little italy on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi Little Italy -- you may want to try doing your journaling on the computer. I find that it's much faster and you can get your thoughts out quicker. However, if you prefer or enjoy writing, then do it on paper. Good luck journaling!!!

derfy

Post by derfy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Anie!!! :)
Thanks for the info. I'm not good at writing, but I'm also new to computers(this is my first one and still trying to figure how to do things on it. I've only had it three weeks). I'm way behind the times!! Thanks for the idea!!! :D
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 am

little italy, do you have the program with the "bonus" cd? if so it is an excellent help to understand journalling and what and how to quiz yourself.

CarolynEd.Dir.

Post by CarolynEd.Dir. » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:02 am

Hi mtnbkr!!! :)

Yes I have the program but not sure what the bonus CD is? Maybe I have it...what is it called?...and if I don't have it how do I get it?

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”