Procrastination

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
peony

Re: Procrastination

Post by peony » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:38 am

Hi Coach Chris,

Thanks for taking an interest in my progress. I have gone to the gym 7 times since that first day nov 27. I had an issues (in my head about the trainer not liking me) but am working on it. The trainer/owner is obviously a caring person. I am enjoying the treadmill and resistance training. So far so good. There is a 3 month Christmas special and I have hinted to my husband that I would like to receive the Jan Feb Mar gym pass.

My once a week yoga class that I signed for in October is almost over too. I had interestingly the same issue of imagining that the instructor didnt like me. I need to say to myself that it is my fantasy and even if these people dont like me, so what?

Mt husband and I have started to invite people over every weekend. Will be our 4th week coming up.

Christmas can be stressful. I bought a bunch of gifts for family (siblings and nieces/nephews) Some of my family relations are strained and I cant do much about it. My hubby thinks I am attempting to buy them with the gifts. I feel he may be right, but I also know that in my family of origin $= love so it may be received in a good way. I love them and cant stand to see family drifting away from me.

I am planning to have as stress-less a Christmas as possible. My son and his wife will be coming. Daughter cant come due to expense of plane fare and work.

Cant lose sight of the many things to be grateful for. Life aint perfect. Gotta focus on what is good, and work session 3 on the rest. Bye for now.

Gigi123

Post by Gigi123 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 pm

This sounds so obvious that it may sound stupid, but the way I've stopped myself from procrastinating is to block out all negative thoughts and just do whatever I need to do when it comes to mind. My doctor once told me I procrastinated because I was so scared of not doing it perfectly that I wouldn't want to do something at all. Before those thoughts would creep into my mind, I would tell myself, so what if I completely fail at this and do miserably? Deep down, I KNEW that wouldn't be the case but at least I didn't set myself up for having to try and do it perfectly.

peony

Post by peony » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 am

Gigi,
I think you are right. There are a lot of negative thoughts around stuff that I procrastinate. Christmas is distracting me from the stuff I want to do around my new hobby. I have a lot of thoughts of failure.

I got some of the presents wrapped up that I have been procrastinating but just dissociating myself from any thoughts about my family not getting along, etc. And just going ahead and doing stuff without the thoughts. It worked today for a small thing.
It could work for bigger things too.

Thanks for posting.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”