Muscle twitches

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
jjhnn8600

Muscle twitches

Post by jjhnn8600 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:48 am

Anyone have these? My doc says from anxiety and low iron (tho not anemic), but very low ferritin (4), etc. Some days are better than others. I feel them mostly in my legs - calves, quads, even butt. Sometimes back and arm. I know it's on the list as things that can be caused by anxiety, and while I have a lot of anxiety, even on days I'm feeling better I still feel them.

Also to note I feel them mostly when lying down at night (tho it's not restless legs). Any other "been there done that" responses or any others would be SO VERY welcome so I can stop my hypochondriacal tendencies from going crazy...

Thanks.

roarks1

Re: Muscle twitches

Post by roarks1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 pm

yes ive had those but not on my legs. the last time i had it was my thumb and that lasted about 3 months or so. did a couple times a day. other than that had em years ago on my parts of my face but now they are gone. they just went away i really do think its anxiety but its like they say dont expect a quick fix. just because u feel good for a couple of days doesnt mean it should not be doing it. even when i was feeling good my thumb would do it. lol

meluv3

Post by meluv3 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Me too!! I will get used to them in one spot - like my hand or something and then they will go away and I'll get them in another spot. They used to scare me a lot ... but now they are just more annoying than anything. It is really common with anxiety or fatigue.

Wallace16

Post by Wallace16 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I get them too. usually in my eye which freaks me out and makes me think something is wrong with my body. I had my eyes checked, MRI. Everything came back normal but trying to tell myself that is another story!!!

roarks1

Post by roarks1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:49 pm

omg! the ones that happen on the eyes i dont like!! i feel like everybody can see them and think im weird lol or thinking poor girl

jjhnn8600

Post by jjhnn8600 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks to those who replied. They are so unnerving... :(

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”