Puzzled need suggestions please

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
radarsmom

Puzzled need suggestions please

Post by radarsmom » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi All,
I am severely agoraphobic but I am trying to overcome this condition. The past few days I have tried to send my husband for a VERY short drive while I stay home ALONE which is my greatest fear. Some days I do better than others and I am puzzled. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to try not to let the panic come in the first place by positive thinking and distraction or if I am supposed to want the panic to come so that I can TRY to live through it and TRY to learn that it can't kill me. I'm confused. I guess I'm saying I don't know what to do while he is gone to best help myself. I want to get better so bad. Please help.

deedee00

Re: Puzzled need suggestions please

Post by deedee00 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Both.

Try to talk it away before it come fully. But if it should come, talk it away. Talking it away is not really fighting it.

radarsmom

Post by radarsmom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:13 pm

That's what I try to do but I wasn't sure if that was good or not. Thank you very much.

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm

The only way to face the fears is by hitting them head on. Once the fears are dealt with, you will probably enjoy being home alone once in a while. Turn on the TV, or radio or read a book or just close your eyes and relax. You can get thru this !

radarsmom

Post by radarsmom » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Thank you Manofmusic for your reply. I look forward to the day when I can ENJOY being alone. At this point that seems like a really big dream. But I sure do want it.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm

If you have the program you may want to read old posts I bumped up for encouragement. Hope that can help.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”