Made it to the Store!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Rachael9700

Re: Made it to the Store!

Post by Rachael9700 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Yes it has been work each day, and I find if I don't go out just one day, it's sometimes like starting over again.
Thanks, TIna, you'll get to the airport, I know you will.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:52 am

If I were diligent like you, Rachel, I'd be out there practicing. It's great that you go out every day. I go out Mon, Wedn, and Fri to the same places nearby to keep the phobia in check. Best days are Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun. Ah, how nice to be at home with no other pressures. The likes of us know how to be indoors and never get bored.

Yet I would not be surprised if we may still turn out to be qualified drivers in the Indie 500 (ha, ha).

Rachael9700

Post by Rachael9700 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Today I went to the Dr. For the first time my blood pressure was normal. Usually it's sky high, and then they re-check at the end of the visit and it goes down. I did meditation before going and did the breathing all through the appointment. All is good! I love the Indy 500, I wish!

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:12 am

Rachel, you can be in a scientific study to prove meditation works. But like much else, it can get difficult to make time for it. I look forward to it. If you can approach it as your own pleasant, calming time, you can actually enjoy it as I do.

tbabystroup

Post by tbabystroup » Mon May 09, 2011 3:05 pm

CONGRATS on your many successes!! I really enjoy getting on here and reading how others are getting better! i haven't driven alone more than 2 miles or shopped alone in well over a year, not having a vehicle does not make driving alone something i can work on at the moment... but 2 weeks ago i had my ride drop me off at walmart with my 5yr old.. i figured instead of having an adult as my crutch taking my child would up the anxiety some but not be as scary as being alone, and we actually shopped for a full half hour!! last week i went with a different friend but shopped independently, and just yesterday i got dropped off alone and managed to spend about half an hour and get all the items on my list... i must admit i was still pretty anxious but it felt amazing to walk out alone with a cart full to wait for my ride! aside from the positive self talk i have found that forcing myself to walk slowly and take my time helps keep me calmer than when i used to try to hurry through it to get it over with!!
Good Luck and Keep Up the Awesome Work!!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

Rachael9700

Post by Rachael9700 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Great Work! There is also a tapping thing I do daily that has helped me so much! Here is the
link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpITM08 ... re=related
You Must Try This! .
I just am starting to trust myself and love myself. That has
been the key for me.
Good Luck
Rachael :D
Last edited by Rachael9700 on Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rachael9700

Post by Rachael9700 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 pm

To all those out there, who feel, it's hopeless, I'll never get there. If you do a little each day, it will become a lot. You will get there, but you've got to committ to working at it each day. I'm a month and a half into the program. With the help of this program and my doctor. I've come a long way, I now want to go everywhere. You can make up a million excuses in your head, why your not ready. Or you can just do it, your going to be scared, you may even feel like your dying. But, if your anything like I was, I was allready dead by just staying in my comfort zone. I missed so much, in the 2 months of being homebound. I missed 2 weddings, 2 birthdays, 2 funerals. I will never get those experiences back. I started my first store by just going to the front and was at an 8. Kept going back, now I approach it, at the most a 5 or even a 3. When I get home, I feel great. DON'T GIVE INTO ANXIETY. If you need meds, take them. :P

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 pm

That's great news, Rachel! I reported elsewhere that I took a roadtrip where I wasn't in charge. So that was a new one for me and a little hard. So sort of a different and yet same scenario, what was really scary is the driver wasn't paying attention to the speed limit changes and while talking to me she would take both hands off the steering wheel. :o Yikes! But I remained calm but did talk to her about it...as gently as possible...although realizing that I needed to speak up for mine and her lives. :) She admitted that she was feeling a lot of passion about the topic she was discussing. And she was glad that I inquired is she had seen the speed limit change. I was concerned that she not have to experience getting a ticket if at all possible.

Anyway, I like the practice makes perfect idea for overcoming some of our fears. Way to go, Girl! :mrgreen: Paislee

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Tue May 10, 2011 12:43 pm

This is so wonderful to read. The confidence builds on itself. But never take it for granted.

And you are right about meds. Sometimes they are necessary, at least short term. Best to you.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”