It's my 26th Birthday today!

Share your successes with others
Ld26angell

Post by Ld26angell » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:01 am

Hi all,

It's my 26th bday today! Yay! I can honestly say that I am a different person than when I began this journey with anxiety and when I began the program at 23 years old.
Thank you to all that contributed to my healing and thanks to StressCenter.

I am not as much of a worrier. I have more confidence each and every day. I can now talk myself out of having a panic attack. I can stop obsessing when I find myself beginning to do so, because yes, I am still prone to obsessing. It is not my lifestyle anymore. I try not to waste prrecious present moments on worries that are SO silly. The feelings that occur from thinking negative thoughts, go away and so do the thoughts. Just saying that to myself helps sometimes.

I love where I am in my life and being 26 years old and knowing what I know now about my anxiety and just myself in general, has been such a blessing. I am truly blessed and so grateful to just be alive!

Now I know that with life comes sadness, grief, (which I am feeling today as it is the first bday without my grandpa), happiness, excitement, joy, anger, frustration, etc. etc. The difference now is I know I can FEEL those feelings, insead of running from them which is what I always did, and see that I am still standing and am alive. Those feelings are a part of life and we are healthy individuals who need to feel evey single one of those feelings. That is what life is all about. Not beating ourselves up for feeling a certain way.
It's all in attitude. All in your reaction to things.
Now- I am going to finish a bit of homework, have some drinks( adult beverages) and go out to dinner with my mom, dad, boyfriend, grandma, sister, brother in law, and little 2 year old niece and HAVE a great time. I am truly blessed.
Take care everyone!!
Lisa

DebbieW

Post by DebbieW » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 am

Happy Birthday! Glad you are doing better!
Hope you enjoy your B-Day Dinner, sounds fun

Debbie

scottds

Post by scottds » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:47 am

Lisa,

Happy Birthday.

Scott
A smile is just a friend away!!

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:02 am

<span class="ev_code_PINK">HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY LISA !!!!!!!</span>

May you have all of the joy you desire. Have a great day, girlie. You deserve it. You are such a special and wonderful person.

mary soares

Post by mary soares » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:26 am

Happy 26th Birthday Lisa!!

I'm happy you learned this way of life while you're young.
BE HAPPY
Mary