What helped me make a 180 degree change in my life.

Share your successes with others
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:30 pm

I joined a CBT group which is what I am hearing Lucinda's program is rooted in and I have gone from having panic attacks nearly everyday to not having any at all in a short period of time. The exercise called a TEA form that we learned in the book by Sam Obitz and Michelle Craske taught me how to counter my thoughts and not blow things out of proportion all the time. I have continued working on my TEA forms even though my group has finished and they have become essential for me in keeping my anxieties under control. I am also off of all medication now for the first time in years and feeling fabulous :D

Dianne H.G.

Post by Dianne H.G. » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Wow, that is awesome. How did you find your CBT group? Is that something free in your community? I would like to pursue that, you have provided the motivation. Dianne

Donnamarie

Post by Donnamarie » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Wow! That is awsome. I would also like to know how you found out where there was a group. Thanks for giving the authors names, I am going to look for the book tomorrow.

Donnamarie

Post by Donnamarie » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:34 pm

I just checked online and found a book titled "You Can Change Your Future Not Your Past". I wanted to say "Thanks Again"

BKB

Post by BKB » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:40 pm

Donnamarie
Is that the books she was referring to. I have a lot of panic attacks and would love to know how to get those books and hope I can learn more about how to find out about the group she joined.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:46 am

Hi Dianne, Donna & BKB. First thank you all for your supportive replies and I am glad it has provided motivation for you Dianne :). My group was free other than materials and was started by a recent graduate of UCLA's psychology program who was trying to build her business as a therapist. I noticed that Donna is in Boston and there is a recommended CBT program at Boston University in the back of the book as well as the one at UCLA. I do not know if those are free of charge but they would be worth looking into if you live near either one of them. The book's title is Been There? Done That? DO THIS! but the back cover says you can change your future but not your past at the top. I ordered my copy through the internet direct from the authors homepage which has more info on the book and the complete foreword to the book on the site (www.tao3.com). It's a tiny book and tells the authors story of battling anxiety and is not technical at all except for the part on the exercises he focussed on like the TEA form but even that is pretty basic stuff. I hope I answered all of your questions and have been hlpful to all of you. Sorry for the blanket response, I'm pressed for time this morning.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:01 am

Hi Chrissy, I'm glad I found this post of yours because I posted a note to you asking where the book by sam obitz book could be ordered on another thread a couple of weeks ago and had not heard back from you yet. My former therapist recommended this book to me a year ago but I never bought it. Now that I have the website I am going to order a copy. Thank you very much for your inspiring note and the website address.

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:37 am

I just saw your other post you mentioned and responded there. I'm glad my story was inspirational to you and hope you find similar success with the book and TEA form exercise :)

WW

Post by WW » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:25 pm

Chrissy I got the book and have started on the tea forms. Thanks again I am more excited about getting better than I have been in a couple of years. See my reply to you on your other thread for more details. Thanks again!

Healing In Process

Post by Healing In Process » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:50 am

What are these TEA forms? Can you share with us? Please...???
:)
Keep on, keeping on...