What helped me make a 180 degree change in my life.

Share your successes with others
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Suz, I would guess the groups are a regular ongoing thing at UCLA so I would call them and ask. There is an address for the UCLA program in the back of the book by Sam Obitz so you can give them a call when you get your copy.

WW, I am thrilled for you and I am encouraged by all of your success. Keep up the good work and I am interested in how you continue to make out :)

Ligonmaximus32

Post by Ligonmaximus32 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:00 pm

WW you say the TEA forms discuss thinking errors? I am laughing now because we use to teach Juveniles at my old job all about thinking errors for this Resocialization program the psychologists developed for the State of Texas. You mean I already knew about thinking errors long ago even before my first anxiety attack? lol :-) I better dug up an old Resocialization book someplace again.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:29 am

I don't know but I saw Lilchrissy's answer and think she's probably on the money. Let me know how it is working for you?

WW

Post by WW » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:33 am

Originally posted by Ligonmaximus32:
WW you say the TEA forms discuss thinking errors? I am laughing now because we use to teach Juveniles at my old job all about thinking errors for this Resocialization program the psychologists developed for the State of Texas. You mean I already knew about thinking errors long ago even before my first anxiety attack? lol :-) I better dug up an old Resocialization book someplace again.
Don't feel bad as I heard about CBT and the book by Obitz over a year before Lilchrissy motivated me to pick up a copy and try the TEA forms. I'm still kicking myself for wasting all that time in avoidance. I guess sometimes we can't see what we're looking for even when it is right in front of us :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:26 am

Originally posted by Ligonmaximus32:
Isn't it funny how sometimes we can't see the forest because all the tree's are in our way :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:27 am

Originally posted by WW:
I don't know but I saw Lilchrissy's answer and think she's probably on the money. Let me know how it is working for you?
Thanks WW. I hope you are still making more progress :)

WW

Post by WW » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 pm

[/QUOTE]
Isn't it funny how sometimes we can't see the forest because all the tree's are in our way :)[/QUOTE]

Indeed... I am doing better than ever, how about you Chrissy? Suz, did you ever find out if UCLA still had the groups going and give it a try? I hope you are making progress and doing your TEA forms daily now too :) Happy new year.

New Martha

Post by New Martha » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:43 am

How did you find a CBT group? I've done individual CBT but sometimes I think doing this in a group will provide more support.

New Martha

Post by New Martha » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:45 am

Also, what is the book you are recommending? and what does TEA stand for?

Thanks

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:05 am

Originally posted by New Martha:
Also, what is the book you are recommending? and what does TEA stand for?

Thanks
I loved my group and was referred to it by a therapist who recommended it to me. I think groups are very helpful since we all make progress at different speeds. The book I recommend is the one called Been There, Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz ans Michelle Craske.
It focuses on the TEA form exercise which is the one I still use now for relief. TEA stand for Thought-Error-Analysis. There's a link on the book's website <A HREF="http://www.tao3.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tao3.com</A> where you can read the foreword and more about the book if you so desire.
I hope I answered all your questions as I need to get out the door but I will check back tonight or tomorrow in case I have not. CBT in my opinion is the way to go.