What helped me make a 180 degree change in my life.

Share your successes with others
WW

Post by WW » Fri May 04, 2007 8:05 am

Hello Donna, I just saw your reply so I am sorry I did not get back to you more quickly. The tea form stands for thought-error and analysis. It helps you correct the thinking errors you make that cause anxiety and panic. I have only been doing them for a short time but they seem to be helping me. My biggest concern is I am having some difficulty in catching all the thoughts and do find myself countering a lot of similar ones regularly in them so I may not be getting as much out of them as possible. Any suggestions Chrissy?

Coco2

Post by Coco2 » Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 am

This is an interesting thread. However how would you change this thought? I was just up at my daughters school and I went to the school office. I spoke to two different office personel. With each person I felt on edge, hot and off balance. The off balance feeling is the worst. I seem to get it when shopping, talking to others, and even at home. Soooooo......when in the school office I am sooo uncomfortable that all I can think of is getting out of there.
What would be a good remedy for this. How would I need to think in order to stay in that situation without wanting to run????

Thanks,

Coco :)

rah22

Post by rah22 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Coco2, I get that off balance feeling alot too. I now know it is just anxiety. Some of the things I do to feel more secure is to find something to lean against to steady myself. If I am going shopping even for just one item I will use a shopping cart. That way if I get stuck in a long line at the checkout I can lean against the cart and not feel off balance.

Grace777

Post by Grace777 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:26 am

Hi,

I think this forum was for triumphs and I would like to share mine with the group. I used to be anxious everyday. I had panic attacks and could not leave home at times. I could NOT travel. I kept a knotted up stomach and worried about everything. I had obsessived scary thoughts about *******. Little by little I read books got stronger in my faith (Christian). And I feel like I was lead down the path to wholeness. I got Lucinda's program and worked through it and did some Recovery.Inc. meetings which both of these helped tremendously. I can now say that I worry only on occasion, no panics and can travel alone or with others. I do what I want to do and if I feel nervous about something I remember my tools and do it anyway. O really love life and enjoy everyday. I would love to share with others what I have learned but when you go in chat its not about getting better most of the time. Its about cussing and fighting with one another and talking about sex and such as that. Some people in there are very nice and in there for real help the others just distract from others getting the help they need. Its very sad but a fact.
Sandra

WW

Post by WW » Wed May 16, 2007 7:11 am

Coco I am still learning but I would say the first thing you need to do is find the thought that enters your mind that causes you to feel on edge, hot and off balance because that it is what is causing the anxiety. I'm just speculating here but the thought could be something like I am going to sound stupid to them, or they won't take me seriously. Anyone having those types of thoughts would feel uncomfortable like you did. Both of those thoughts have the error jumping to conclusions in them which is one of the most common thinking errors that cause anxiety and panic. Now the thought you did say in your note was, I gotta get out of here. Again to really feel less anxious you need to get at the deeper thought behind that one that makes you feel that way and I suspect once you counter those thoughts the anxiety will reduce to a manageable level. The hardest part initially is finding those deeper thoughts but the more I practice the better I am getting at catching my problem thoughts and when I do find them the countering really seems to work well. There is also an exercise in the book called putting things back into perspective that is helping me a lot and is useful in helping bring out those deeper thoughts. I hope this is useful for you. I'm still pretty new at this stuff so hopefully Chrissy will see your note and give you more experienced advice on all this stuff.

WW

Post by WW » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:57 am

Hi Chrissy, How are you doing? I hope you get this message because I wanted to let you know I have continued to take your advice and focus on the tea forms (really got the hang of them now) and I have made even greater strides than I ever thought possible for me in the past couple of months. Thank you so much! I wish I would have bought the book and started doing the exercises when my therapist first recommended it to me, but no sense beating myself up about it because I can't change the past and at last I am finally changing my future. Thanks again and I hope you are doing well.

CHARITY

Post by CHARITY » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:22 am

I would like very much to know about this advice and the book you mentioned. I feel that I could benefit from both.

WW

Post by WW » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:58 am

Hi Charity, I would be happy to answer any questions you have as best that I can. Just let me know what you want to know?

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:05 am

Originally posted by WW:
Hi Chrissy, How are you doing? I hope you get this message because I wanted to let you know I have continued to take your advice and focus on the tea forms (really got the hang of them now) and I have made even greater strides than I ever thought possible for me in the past couple of months. Thank you so much! I wish I would have bought the book and started doing the exercises when my therapist first recommended it to me, but no sense beating myself up about it because I can't change the past and at last I am finally changing my future. Thanks again and I hope you are doing well.
I am really happy to hear that I helped you WW. Sorry that I have not been around but summer has been hectic for me. Life is grand for me other than being so busy. Keep me posted on your prgress and I will try and sign on more often. Keep working on those tea forms everyday :)

WW

Post by WW » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:13 am

Hi Chrissy, I just replied to your other note where you mentioned this reply. I apologize for not signing on here recently but part of the reason is that I have been feeling so much better I have been busy making up for lost time :) I still feel a lot of gratitude to you for getting me off my butt and motivating me to get the book and start doing the tea forms every day. I feel the best I have felt in forever. Take care and keep in touch. I hope things are still going well for you also!