You can Overcome this!!

Share your successes with others
MidMike

Post by MidMike » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:02 am

Ld, thanks for such an inspiring post and your replies to those who wrote to you. :)

Your story is amazing. I myself didn't have this anxiety until much later in life and consequently have thought I was definitely WEIRD.:( When I started the program, I was going along like gangbusters until yesterday when I realized that I my temp job was going to be over in 2 weeks. :eek: I RAN to the chat room (and 1/2 a xanax too) where I received all the support I could ever hope to have from the wonderful people there at the time. ;) They helped me breathe through it, gave some timely advice and reminded me that my skills were there in my head to use. Now I understand I might have to go through the program more than once, and that's okay. I also know that I have a place to go for support and that's the absolute best!! :cool:

Again, thanks for the triumph story,
kittylover

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks Lisa for your inspirational post; after reading it, I feel more relaxed and more positive in this journey. I just wanted to ask you: when you were going through the program were you ever tortured by the thought that maybe what you had was not just anxiety? What if it was something far worse and the program was not going to help you? I have all these annoying thoughts which are like a road block for any progress in the program. Thanks and God Bless you.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:33 am

ctr- I can totally relate to that!!! Exactly how I feel. I think what if this is the start to a mental illness ect...... It does get better though. A lot of self talk. If you have any questions feel free to email me. It is a very common symptom to anxiety.
Natalie

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:53 am

I was glad to read your note. I am new to the forum but not new to the program. I have been dealing with the obsessive/ scary thoughts now for about a month. I was enlighted to know that other people experience these too and that it does go away. It is hard for me to believe that after everything I have learned that I am in this spot again. I had a bout with it in 2003 it took me about 7 months to finally get over it. Some of the thoughts I had back then are identical to the ones I am having now except for a new one that really bothers me. Anyway thanks for the little light you gave me at the end of this tunnel.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 am

Lisa - I'm so glad I came across your post. I'm almost done with my second round on this, and also reading some on the side about our mind chattering!

I'm relieved to know it took 3 times for you, I feel like I've come a very long way, but also have some growth and development.

It is so awesome that you are recovered and once again in control!

God bless you!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Thank you so much Lisa for your most encouraging post...

I also am a very obsessive thinker and am working so hard on this as well as reprogramming my negative self-talk to positive self-talk!!

You've just encouraged me to keep trying and persevering since this is my 2nd time doing the program as I didn't complete it the first time around...thanks again and a big congratulations to you...keep at it!!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:48 pm

Lisa,

Thank you for writing about your story. I am stuck in my first time around and have gotten very depressed as a result. I don't want to give up, and I don't care if it takes going through the program five times. I just want to feel better! And hearing your story and others like it make me hopeful again. Thank you so much!

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks for posting your story. The way in which you tell it is so calming and reassuring. It reminded me to have compassion for myself and be patient, and to remember that all healing will come in due time as long as I keep following the techniques and putting in the effort. Thanks and may we hear good news from all the rest of us soon, as well.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi, Lisa! I enjoyed reading your inspirational story. It is a blessing to us all.

I have been using the program since 2006 and it has changed my life tremendously. I would have anxiety at times but the intensity level is not as it used to be. I praise God for giving me the strength and courage to conquer this. I have came a long way to get where I am today.

I understand what you went through because i've been there. You are not alone. It is ok to feel this way. Anxiety always passes and it took me months to realize it.

You can e-mail me at any time.

degrassifan86@gmail.com

Jasmine, California

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:25 am

What encouragement on these posts!! How much I needed to hear on the 3rd time you got it. I'm starting my 3rd time. I find coming to the forums daily is a great help. The people here have been there, done that so soon we'll be there and have done it. I praise God for all the Christians on this site because without God I don't think I'd be here. He has lifted me up when I was down. He never gets upset with me no matter how I fail. He never sees me as a failure and when I get mad at him he's never mad at me. He just pours out his mercy/grace continually.

beachgurl you've come a long way. There was a time I helped you and encouraged you to complete the program. You now are the strong one, helping me and others. God bless you! Keep up the good work! :)