sad for me

Share your successes with others
njstme2

Post by njstme2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:53 pm

I started the program last Friday. I had a miserable day today. WHen my husband came home I had an axiety attack and tried not to show it and blew up at him. We argued. He said he cant understand why I am this way. I feel like it just isnt worth it and I am stuck in a bad situation not only with myself but him too.. I hurt everyone around me and me.. I HATE THIS... just hate it... it is always me..he says he is tired of trying to make me happy.. help..please

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:24 pm

Things happen. You wouldnt have started the program if you didnt need it. Do not give up. You are worth it. The program works if you work it. Let your husband listen to the introductory video and tapes. THis will help him to begin to understand what you have been going through and let him know that you are willing to better yourself and would like his support. So what if you dont get his support? You do it anyway because you are worth it!. Really, THis program does help if you keep doing it. Not just hearing it, but doing what it says to the best of your ability. Pray to God to help you get everything out of it that you need and to lead you to other materials, books etc... that will help to keep you motivated. THis program will help you. You just started. Keep plodding along and do alot of writing (journaling) and one day you will say as many of us have "It works!"

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:27 pm

njstme2, i think i understand what you are going through. my fiance and i have been together over 6 years and i'm often afraid my next 'freak out' as i like to call them, will be the last he can put up with. he just didn't get it, he's never had depression nor had much trouble with anxiety. for him, if i didn't want to feel bad, it should be as simple as that. for me it is so much more complicated, like a friggin rubix cube-i'm sure there's a solution, i've seen people solve it before, but i don't have the skills so it's all but impossible for me.

but after listening to session 1 and 2 someone mentioned the word 'habit' and 'addiction' and it threw my mind back into bio-psychology and suddenly the whole success over this program clicked and i was given great hope.

your thoughts and reactions produce chemical responses in your brain. your wonderful brain, wanting to be as efficient as possible, has evolved/adapted/whatever to strengthen neural pathways that are used frequently by increasing the mylination (its like insulation around a cable wire-helps the transmission go faster) around these well-used pathways. well, each time we repeat our negative mantras we are triggering a pattern of chemical reactions that our brain has now set up to run so quickly, that is has begun before we even realize it.

the GREAT news, is that just by learning our triggers and early symptoms, we can alter our first reactions, throwing off our normal brain reaction. at first you'll struggle to believe your 'artificial' positive thoughts because these positive pathways in your brain aren't as mylinated as the negative ones..but they will become more over time if you keep at it. plus, the fewer and further in between you go from using your negative, over reactions, the weaker those pathways get.

the brain is an amazing thing. it works WITH the body. it impacts your body and your body impacts it. it's our own built in checks and balance system, the brain can move the body, but the body can change the brain with exercise as well as relaxation and breathing techniques.

wow, anyway, the point was, tell your husband he is right - it IS as easy as deciding not to be upset, fearful, or anxious. also tell him, you are right too - it ISN'T that easy because right now your brain is on still on auto-pilot and you've only just started to re-set it.

think of this program's tapes and workbook as the worker's manuel to rewiring your brain. keep up with the program, definitely have your husband listen to the introductory tape (it helped my fiance), and know that you DO have power over this, you CAN change your thoughts, and Lucinda is right when she says you don't even have to believe them at first...that'll come naturally as your brain adjusts your pathways.

hopefully knowing some of the biological science behind what you - what we all are experiencing will help. it sure made me feel better knowing science is on our side. this isn't a degenerative disease we just have to live with as happily as possible, anxiously anticipating the day when it will finally consume us completely. it is a matter of simple science and simple psychology and you/we are wholly capable.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

It's hard for someone who isn't going through this to understand. I gave up trying to talk about it to my husband and children. Now that I have the program I don't really need to. I just get comfort in being with my family and that's all I need from them and rest is up to me.