A Road to Victory! I'm the lock and I'm the key.

Share your successes with others
beachgurl22

Post by beachgurl22 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Greetings from California! Hope all is well with everyone and ready for the holidays.

As some of you know, I had my first panic attack while dorm shopping at Wal-Mart in 2006. Since then, I have been in denial about my avoidance. I would come up with excuses. I don't have any problems going anywhere else. But it was just that one place where I always felt the discomfort. That was the reason for trying to avoid going to Wal-mart. I have come a long way towards my recovery from Anxiety.

Two weeks ago, I actually went into wal-mart and reassured myself that it's going to be ok. I felt it was time me to stop the avoidance and face my biggest obstacle. And yes, I had an Anxiety attack. But I did not let it get the best of me. I took a few deep breaths and continued shopping. I felt that was the biggest accomplishment for facing my anxiety. I felt like a warriot and finally felt the reach for victory. Thank God.

I am so proud of myself.

And I'm working on going back to college and get my degree in Finance.

Pray it will all work out.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 am

Hey beachgurl22,
I'm very happy for you. It really helps me to see that it's ok if it takes longer than 15wks to overcome all of this. Congrats on going back to school :)

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm so happy for you! The best thing to do is keep noticing the good things you do! I wish to someday recover and be able to notice the good I do and pay attention instead of the negative that follows me!

God bless you! Good luck with your future plans!