6 months

Share your successes with others
manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 pm

It's been 6 months now since I finished the program (I was "manofmusic" but had to change it since I got a new email address). I feel like I can do anything now. I got my passport 3 weeks ago and I'm itching to go places now. I feel like I have a ton of catching up to do. I get out of bed in the morning now and actually look forward to the day. 4 months ago I went on a rotating layoff. I'm working every other week. Money's tight, but I'm regaining my sanity and no amount of money can buy that. There are times where I can feel that "fuzzy feeling" coming on, but it stops right away. If I'm out and about, I don't get scared when the feeling hits, I just keep on keeping on. I don't let it bother me any more. My only regret is that I didn't do this in 1999 when I bought the program originally. I can only image where I'd be now. But like I said, I have a ton of catching up to do and I'm having fun doing it. I also realize that this may be a lifetime battle.............big deal.
I wish nothing but the best for all of you that are following the program. If you stick with it, you will succeed. I promise.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:35 pm

just_breathe,

I am having trouble with week 6 (anger) and have gotten very discouraged. I came to the peer support because well, I needed some support. It means a lot to hear from someone who got through the program. I understand now why some people stop or drop out, but a lot of them come back. I already figured out that this would be a lifelong thing, but it's worth it to be happy to get up in the morning instead of dreading it. I used to love the early morning and I sure would like to feel that way again...and look forward to the day ahead.

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope to be able to share mine someday.

Leslie

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Bees4me.

Congratulations on making it to week 6. Like you said, not many people make it through the program. With week 6, I found that I was angry because I was frustrated. As I went through the program. I wasn't venting my frustration properly. I'd let it boil over instead. It may sound simple, but sometimes all I needed to do was put the running shoes on and go for a walk. I put on the headphones, crank up the tunes and go. By the time I came back, I was sweating, tired and happy. Keep up with the program and you might be surprised by the end of it. Once I finished the program the first time, I kind of missed it ! LOL I gave myself a month, then I went back at it again starting with week 2. You can do this !!!!!!!! :cool:

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Just breathe
Thanks for sharing your inspiring story of
overcoming and moving on. I really appreciate it and needed to read it. I am starting week 3 tomorrow and am excited about my future. I hadn't been in some time.
Take Care

Jill~
:)