Hair drama ;-)

Share your successes with others
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Well I have been avoiding getting a hair cut forever!! Almost a year now. I have been trimming my own bangs and ends and really was becoming more and more like Cousin It everyday. I scared myself sometimes looking at the thick wavy mess! Anway a woman at church has great hair so I asked her where she got it done ..blah blah blah. Ends up the woman will come to your place and cut your hair if you'd like. So I said "heck why not" and It was great! She took a long time to cut it since we were chatting up a storm about ex husbands and depression and we had alot in common that way. I faced my fears of having people in my home and that my hubby noticed right away (which was nice) and then as I am on week 7- assertiveness it came in handy. She mentioned that if I didn't like the hair cut or had problems with it in any way she'd come back and work with me. Well I needed her to come back and I almost made myself sick with anxiety obsessing over whether to call her back or not? I did, and she came today and tweaked my hair and I feel much better.I haven't taken any good care of myself or my hair in so long it was a nice mile marker for me. It inspired me to take better care of myself again and I think that will help in so many other areas of my recovery as well.
snip snip snip ;)

Jill~

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Congratulations Jillzmind! That is an awesome step forward! If I lived closer to you I could help you out...I have my cosmetology license and I go to people homes for haircuts! I'm so glad you found someone to do this for you. You would be amazed by how many people are afraid to go to a salon/beauty shop for whatever reason, and some just can't. A hair cut really does make you feel better and I am so happy for you.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Dang, I forgot what I meant to tell you is please don't stress about calling her back, that never bothers me at all because I want it to be right, too!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Congratulations Jillzmind!

That is great progress! I'm so proud of you! I know it was difficult. But you did it.

Way to go!!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:00 am

Thanks Deedee :)

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:40 am

SHAVE IT BALD SHAVE IT BALD SHAVE IT BALD
SHAVE IT BALD SHAVE IT BALD SHAVE IT BALD

LOL ;)

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:56 am

Goodness MoM!

I've actually thought about shaving my head and growing it out all over again!

Kudos to you Jill for your progress. That is great that you had the hair dresser come back again.

I say hair dresser because I seriously haven't been to one in close to 20 years. DH cuts mine. I don't think it has to do with anxiety though, as much as being a cheapskate!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Man did you just give away your own personal beauty secret? :p
I have said many times that I was going to shave my head and get 7 wigs so I could have a new look every day. But then I thought that
might get too hot in the Summer? And hubby didn't like the idea.. so it's back to my
80's rocker shag for me.. and I love it! But I won't be putting any mousse to spike it this time haha
J~

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 pm

WAY TO GO JILLY!!!
I know you feel much better! I know that I always feel so wonderful when I get my hair done...especially shampooed, (sp? :?)
conditioned, and trimmed, or cut. I feel like a brand new woman! Lol. I go each week to the salon and it just makes me feel better, and actually I went today! After that I went to the nail salon to get nails polished and eyebrows waxed. :cool:
I am so glad you decided to allow her to come over and cut your hair. GREAT!!!
(Now make sure you post pics on Fb) ;)

Hugz!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks Book :)

I don't do pics. Like I said on FB only once every 5 yrs for pic taking. So that's another year and a half from now :P