My Story...For those new to the forum!!!

Share your successes with others

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Robert,
My story is posted everywhere or that is the way it seems to me...LOL..

If you go under the General Sections part of this forum and search for (Ms T Bones) then, I am positive you will find my story!!!

I pray by reading throughout my postings and the postings of others who have overcome panic attacks that it helps you beyond human understanding!!!

Have a great night!!! God Bless

hotrodder1

Post by hotrodder1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Michele...You are soooo welcome :) :) :)

ship2shore..Thanks for adding your encouraging story here!!!

Have a great night!!! God Bless!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 am

Thank you for sharing your success. I have just ordered the program and am "anxiously" awaiting its arrival. These message boards are very helpful in the interum. I think I've made an important first step.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:37 am

Aaaw you are soooo welcome :) :) :),
I am sure you will be just fine and I am very grateful you will be receiving the program very soon!!!

Have a beautiful day filled with much sunshine, laughter and joy :) :) :)

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Ms. T Bones,

I would just like to say that your story is very inspirational. I am on lesson 8 of the program. I would like to ask you, how you did it to enjoy driving again and not letting the anxiety to get to u? Did u focus on something or listen to music....? If u could help me with some pointers? Today is my first day on this site. I thank God for bringing me to this website and an inspirational person like yourself. God Bless!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi Ms C :) :) :),
I was agoraphobic for sooooo many years of my life and I finally figured out that I was making my own self anxious, by the negative thoughts that I was entertaining daily!!!

So, I was doing these things to my own self!!! That was a major one for me, because I didn't have any idea that my thinking had played a major role in my having panic attacks!!!

Once my anxiety level lowered, then I felt a "new sense of freedom"...I finally could get out of my home, without feeling like I was going to have a heart attack, or pass out!!!

I guess you might say, that I was fed up living my life in fear!!! The way that I looked at it was dying could not be any worse, than living the rest of my life in this manner!!!

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to die either, but I had (had enough) and "enough is enough"

So, I made up a "mantra" to use while on the interstate!!! I absolutely love sunsets, so I would say, "IF you fool with me, then I will drive off into the sunset"

Then, I would imagine myself driving off into the most beautiful sunset!!! I would do this every single time a negative thought would pop into my mind while driving!!!

This worked wonders for me!!!

Also, I love the ocean!!! So, when I was in a grocery store or some public facility, I would imagine myself all safe floating on the ocean!!!
Then the anxiety would subside!!!

I got very good at imagining beautiful scenes up in my mind!!!

If you have difficulty doing this type of thing, all you have to do is go to "google" and type in nature sounds or something like that!!!

I ordered extra CDs from the StressCenter.com and these CDs had the sounds on them!!!

I ordered one named "Journeys" and I really liked that one!!!

The more you do these type of things, the more you can use your imagination for you, instead of against you!!!

Anxiety and panic attacks really are just "mind games" and I finally came to the realization that I was the ONE who was scaring my own self!!!

Now, why would I want to scare my own self??? The way I looked at it, if I could scare my own self, then I could also make my own self feel safe!!!

My faith in God played a major role in my recovery!!! I really have been through a lot of stressful things, since I took the program and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt, that I would have fallen back into that old way of thinking had not I used the Word of God, prayer and praise, as well!!!

I believe with all of my heart, that the only way to overcome these things for good is by using the Bible and faith...

At least, I know what has helped me not to go back to that place!!!

Faith in God definitely works for me!!!

I pray this posting helps you in some way!!!