has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Share your successes with others
egriff

Re: has anyone been like this since early childhood?

Post by egriff » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:09 pm

laaaaa wrote:Yes, I remember having suicidal thoughts and a panic attack at age 6.
That is sad but does not surprise me. Mine started young also but not quite that young. At that age I more wished I were dead at the time :?
I hope you are feeling better these days?

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:43 pm

egriff wrote:
laaaaa wrote:Yes, I remember having suicidal thoughts and a panic attack at age 6.
That is sad but does not surprise me. Mine started young also but not quite that young. At that age I more wished I were dead at the time :?
I hope you are feeling better these days?
That breaks my heart to think about :cry:
I'm so glad you have found relief now though!

itsallgood

Post by itsallgood » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:27 am

I am 44 and female and cant believed I lived thru gradeschool. First panic attack-3rd grade-Rozet elementary wyoming. My mother complained that my dad never came to any of my school events- my dad showed up for the very next school function i had...IT WAS A MOTHERS DAY TEA PARTY! The funny thing is..I was so stressed that my mother and sister would come to the tea party and be their normal weird selves that I was panicking over that and was relieved that my dad had showed up instead. Second panic attack-4th gade basketball-first practice- stipped off school clothes to get into practice clothes and 10 minutes into practice i got called into principles office. Sat there with my chest pounding wondering what i had done..principle and secratary ask if Id mind going into the bathroom with them... I went but the whole time im thinking they will take my pocket knife away because I carved on a stick on the playground...I was asked to lift my shirt with my back towards them and take my shorts partway down. I just new I was gonna get spanked. Then I was relieved when the secratary told me i could pull my shorts up. They asked my how my weekend was..I said fine but my dad was mad cuz I had skinned his antelope that was hanging in the shed. I explained to them it hadnt hung long enough. I also told them my dad was mad because I raided his bosses garden at Wyodak camp (coal mine housing) everyone knows and lives by each other. I had carrots and turnips in my fort in the plum trees but that aint what gave me away. My fathers boss is a fisherman and puts his old minnows in his garden for mulch...I had dead fish on my knees of my jeans....thats when it hit me WHY THE PRINCIPLE WANTED TO KNOW BOUT MY WEEKEND...MY DAD HAD BEEN REAL MAD AND Got my back and my butt when he whooped me..THEY HAD SEEN MY BRUISES! Then more panic on bus ride home wondering if they had called him...

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:07 pm

The good news is no matter when your anxiety and panic started you can take control of your life and eliminate so you can live the life you deserve from here on out :D

mosaic1989

Post by mosaic1989 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:24 am

Well yes I too have probably had this from childhood, I remember just freezing in fear when some people would ask me questions or want me to do something, always had a hard time communication with others mostly because of fear. I think when I was a teenager I really started in the the depression. And so on, been to counselors who helped me tremendously but it would not cure me because I didn't put it all together. But I have to think how my life might have been without those caring people. It hard to really understand what is happening to you as a child, it takes time and maturity to make some sense out of it. :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:29 pm

lilchrissy wrote:The good news is no matter when your anxiety and panic started you can take control of your life and eliminate so you can live the life you deserve from here on out :D
I love how you always make things into positives Chrissy!

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:31 pm

So true mosaic. I'm glad you received the help you received and have gotten to where you are today :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 pm

I had a lot of anxiety in grade school and I was a worrier too. I grew up in a dysfunctional family where
your feelings weren't shown and no one talked to each other about anything. Instead of confrontations,
there was silence.

WW

Post by WW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

lilchrissy wrote:The good news is no matter when your anxiety and panic started you can take control of your life and eliminate so you can live the life you deserve from here on out :D
Chrissy,
We can always count on you to put things back into perspective :P Thanks!

WW

Post by WW » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:05 pm

LyndaLu wrote:I had a lot of anxiety in grade school and I was a worrier too. I grew up in a dysfunctional family where
your feelings weren't shown and no one talked to each other about anything. Instead of confrontations,
there was silence.
Sad :cry: Mine was similar but there were confrontations in my home growing up and I could never win :(

Also, Great post Mosaic!